Systems Assurance Parts Engineer II
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Systems Assurance Parts Engineer II
Perform the engineering required to establish the basis for independent technical evaluations of hardware architecture-, segment-, and system-level designs as it relates to the selection, evaluation, analysis and documentation of Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical (EEE) parts across customer and program portfolios. Lead applicable analysis to ensure that the design has sufficient performance margins, resiliency, and pedigree to meet systems-level requirements to achieve mission success. Perform the necessary risk-trades analysis, including product class selection and heritage use to arrive at the highest value solution to satisfy the mission.
What You’ll do:
- Interpret government and program EEE parts requirements, support the development of Mission Assurance Plans (MAPs), and implement the program strategy, policies, and procedures necessary to ensure compliance with all company and government requirements.
- Maintain a comprehensive and holistic system view while addressing stakeholder mission risks and concerns regarding reliability through the application of Systems Engineering skills.
- Ensure the effectiveness and suitability of the reliability of the system as an enabler tomission success.
- Ensure that relevant threat to and vulnerability of reliability is considered in support of program decisions.
- Provide input to requirements, engineering, and risk trade space analyses to achieve a cost-effective reliable architectural design that enables mission success.
- Provide the evidence necessary to support reliability assurance claims and to substantiate the determination that the system is sufficiently reliable.
- Support the generation of time-phased/staffing estimates for Systems Assurance, reliability work products, and required Design Assurance inputs in support of system-level reliability deliverables.
- Provide and communicate understanding of both the technical and programmatic aspects of a project to the project team as well as the customer.
- Provide advice, guidance, and assistance to customers and senior management relative to reliability engineering.
- Promote development of a strong team by participation in key aspects of the project and mentoring more junior team members. When delegating, establish clear expectations by providing well-defined tasks with clear entrance/exit criteria, due dates, and associated budgets.
- Support the generation of cost estimates for proposals.
- Develop detailed development schedules and manage team activities to meet delivery milestones.
- Manage company-wide technical and programmatic priorities in relation to customer technical and programmatic priorities.
- Work with classified documents which requires thorough knowledge of DoD procedures for the proper usage and safeguarding of classified information.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 5 or more years of related experience.
- TS/SCI security clearance preferred.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, strong written, communication, oral presentations skills, and ability to lead group discussions.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required