Title: Systems Architects.
Interview type: In Person or phone.
Required skills: SQL, Mainframe, IDMS, Oracle, roadmap, governance, management, and integrity
Core responsibilities of an Architect 3.
- Experience as Technical Lead and/or Project Architect on very complex multi-subsystem solution delivery projects
- Document the agency?s existing systems architecture and technology portfolio and make recommendations for improvements and/or alternatives;
- Develop, document, communicate and enforce a policy for standardizing systems as necessary
- Review and Analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Design, implement and maintain databases. ? any particular database? SQL, Mainframe, IDMS, Oracle?
- Follow database standards and integrity controls, analyse information requirements, and develop database specifications.
- Play a leading role in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Knowledge of computer programming languages as required for the system.
- Responsible for strategy, roadmap, governance, management, and integrity of the Architecture practice for the solutions area.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measure to safeguard information resources against accidental or unauthorized mod, destruction, or disclosure
- Direct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts;
- conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems dev efforts and recommend technologies that will add cost effectiveness/systems flex
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analysis for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions
- IT development experience? any particular platform?
- Create and describe system design and models utilizing commonly used industry mechanisms like E-R Diagrams, UML models, flow charts, etc.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information science, management information systems