The person in this position will be responsible for determining integrated system solutions as well as managing system health, performance, and security.
Major responsibilities include:
- System architecture involving servers, network devices, and software.
- System integration involving hardware, software, network, and database.
- Work with project managers and peers to understand and solve challenging technical problems, provide technical solutions with effort estimates.
- Lead integration of applications and services with enterprise tools such as Network Management Systems and Security Information and Event Monitoring Systems.
- Help maintain and develop new standards within infrastructure, and evangelize new and emerging technologies within the organization.
- Work on continuous improvement of the environment through new tools for automation, monitoring, and rapid deployment.
- Design, plan, install, administer and troubleshoot applications, systems and services in production and lab/test environments in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Diagnose, analyze and resolve complex problems including interoperability issues, issues caused by hardware or software.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in system engineering
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant engineering field.
- Twelve or more years of experience in system engineering involving Linux systems.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IPnetworking and working knowledge of IP networks and devices including routers, switches, load balancers, and firewalls.
- Experience working with DNS and SMTP in a carrier environment.
- Hands on Linux administration of CentOS or another RedHat-based Linux variant including automated server deployment and management methods (kickstart, Ansible etc.).
- Python or Bash shell scripting.
- Familiarity with industry best practices for Linux server security; ability to implement organizational security standards on Linux platforms.
- VMware vSphere
- PowerShell and PowerCLI
- Postfix and BIND