The Systems Integration Architect will be responsible for Architecting, Specifying and driving the implementation of the overall Material Flow Systems from Part Orders to Part Presentation and interfacing to various Systems in between. The Architect will be responsible for doing first principles based design of the System. Ability to work with cross-functional teams to understand the overall objective of the task at hand and specifying the proper partition and interfaces to legacy systems (so that they can be independently transitioned to more modern Systems) is a must. The primary objectives of the Material Flow Engineering team will be to reduce overall vehicle build cycle time while optimizing space, improving labor productivity, and creating a more ergonomic work environment for Tesla’s associates. This position will report to the Material Flow Engineering Manager.
- Understand the overall Material Flow Requirements and the various Systems that interact with each other.
- Design, develop, and implement automation control and data solutions. The focus will be on developing innovative scalable, resilient and cost effective solutions, preferably using open source technologies.
- Clearly document the requiements and communicate the same to the stakeholders and ensure a timely implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Control Systems Engineering or similar work experience.
- Solid understanding of High Availability, Systems Design, Architecture, Cloud Technologies, Databases, Open Source and Web technologies.
- Verifiable track record of deployment of large scale systems.
- Interfacing with Embedded Systems.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. Ability to manage several complex projects at the same time with high degrees of variation and uncertainty.
- Natural ability to speak and write effectively at all organizational levels.
- Proven track record of Architecting and implementing large scale systems – e.g., Infrastructure As A Service, Disaster Recovery Services, Software Defined Networks
- Contribution to Open Source Software – Databases, Cloud Orchestration Systems, etc.
- Experience interfacing to embedded systems – PLC’s, Robots, etc.
- Proficiency in RESTful API’s and other Web technologies