Job Description : Group Description:
Sikorsky’s Intelligent Technologies Analytics & Sustainability (iTAS) team applies Sikorsky-developed technology, processes and expertise to aircraft data in order to drive proactive decision-making throughout the business.
Data generated from on-board health usage and monitoring system (HUMS), aircraft operations, and aircraft maintenance is collected, conditioned and analyzed to identify opportunities for improvements to an aircraft’s design and supportability.
The ultimate goal of iTAS is to increase the availability of supported aircraft, reduce operational costs and to enable a strategic business shift to condition-based maintenance. iTAS’ rapidly evolving Analytics Development team functions like a small startup within Sikorsky, rapidly developing solutions in pursuit of these objectives, and working with a wide variety of internal customer and expert groups.
This position, within the iTAS Analytics Development team, is critical to the expansion of analytical capabilities and technologies that enable the organization to extract intelligence from fielded aircraft data, and to remain a leader in the field of aircraft analytics.
The selected candidate will be part of a team charged with evolving analytic products for both Military and Commercial Programs.
- Communicate with iTAS customers and team members to gather requirements and produce outputs aligned with strategic business objectives, within schedule and budgetary constraints.
- Recommend changes to improve established ETL processes, current applications and technology stack.
- Assist Analytics development team by moving legacy Java importers to oracle PL/SQL or modern ETL tools.
- Create thorough documentation describing all elements of applications and supporting infrastructure, including database architecture, application/GUI code and user guides.
- Integrate data by building various back-end services communicating between databases and/or web services.
- Work independently in an agile, fast paced environment.
- Develop and deliver executive-level presentations and reports to customers, as required.
- B.S. in Computer Science (CS), or related field.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience with application development
- Python, R-scripting, PL/SQL, T-SQL ,Angular Js, MVC
- Familiarity with aircraft maintenance, support and/or design strongly preferred
- Experienced with the application of mathematics, statistics and data-mining in business environment (trend discovery and analysis, text mining, correlation and pattern discovery, etc…)
- Advanced degree in CS or related field