The System Architect candidate should have experience architecting, designing, and implementing large (>$1M) corporate technical projects. The candidate will have held progressive positions within the IT delivery space including senior developer, technical lead, and architect. The candidate will have past experience working with an architectural governance committee and understand (or previously supported) various Enterprise Architecture concepts/activities. The candidate should have a strong working understanding of the latest technologies, the ability to work with and influence both technical and business project team members, and be able to produce key architecture project artifacts, including design documentation, recommendations and decisions. The System Architect role is a technical position that is responsible for the successful implementation of technical solutions and architectural strategies. This role is the key IT resource for ensuring that solutions align with the business and technical strategy and is responsible for educating and ensuring project team members understand DHP architecture standards. This individual generally has a strong technical background and also possesses the ability to collaborate with internal and external resources at all levels.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Assigned to small to medium (<$1M) epics and associated features – as a technical leader on such initiatives, will partner closely with Epic Owners, Agile Business Partners, Product Owner, Scrum Master, and the Release Train Engineer to successfully lead the technical design from concept through implementation.2. Review and provide estimates to support epic and feature budgeting and prioritization.3. Translate epic and feature requirements into architectural design activities and artifacts; Represent artifacts at appropriate governance and team meetings.4. Incorporate functional and non-functional business requirements into recommended designs.5. Ensure system availability, scalability, security and other system performance goals are met.6. Conduct architecture governance reviews to ensure agile teams understand and are able to adhere to DHP IT guiding principles/standards.7. Collaborate with all agile and shared services teams to understand cross-over / linked scope and requirements to drive consistent and compatible designs across each program increment and to ensure design requirements are met and defined solution is successfully implemented.8. Ensure quality/testing standards that impact system function and performance are met prior to implementation.9. Assist Scrum Masters and Release Train Engineers in identifying risks, creating mitigation strategies, and planning activities to ensure successful implementation of program increment objectives.10. Propose and request funding for technical enablers necessary for the architecture runway to support future business epics or features.11. Coordinate activities of the train architecture team serving as a pseudo-Scrum Master within the team.12. As part of a train architecture team, act as an Agile Business Partner for the system team – setting direction and defining the acceptance criteria for work in harmony with the enterprise architecture vision and direction.13. Identify key business and technology drivers that impact the ability of DHP to meet future business requests, such as anticipated requirements, software capabilities and limitations, existing application environment limitations, and performance and availability needs. Conduct system health assessments and document current/future state of portfolio and capabilities.14. Contribute to and support the organization’s Enterprise Architecture strategy and roadmaps by participating in planning & strategy sessions with Enterprise, Portfolio, Data & other architects as necessary to develop DHP’s overall architectural vision and strategy.15. Mentor team members on corporate, industry, and practice standards.16. Participate in Architecture Community of Practice activities. 17. Participate in discussions with team members from all levels within the organization to identify and implement process improvement opportunities, including improvements to IT standards and guidelines. 18. Partner with business and IT leadership to align business strategy with IT strategy, including support of project proposal and justification activities.19. Comply with all policies, standards, and guiding architecture principles.20. Communicate plans, status and issues to the Release Train Engineer, Portfolio Architects, and IT leadership as appropriate. Pro-actively resolve issues within assigned scope and authority.21. Work collaboratively with other System Architects to assist in the creation of Program Increment roadmaps.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
1. Participate in problem solving and process improvement activities as appropriate.2. Perform other special assignments as requested.
1. Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, Business or other related field required with a minimum of 7 years technology experience OR 2 years of post high school education in related field and 10 or more years of business and/or information technology related work experience.2. Minimum of 3 years of experience in development and/or detailed design, and 3 years of experience in architecture (solution, application, information, or data).3. Broad knowledge in information technology trends.4. Experience functioning as a consultant to other IT groups or as a recognized technical leader.5. Experience as a development lead or architect on mid-sized (> $1M) corporate projects.6. Strong technical background in contemporary software development tools. Preference is experience in SOA and or Web technologies.7. This individual shall demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be equally able to communicate with executive leaders, business SMEs, enterprise architects, business analysts, and application developers.8. Strong consensus building skills coupled with the ability to lead disparate teams without direct authority. 9. Business partner engagement and knowledge to develop solutions to complex business problems.10. Design diagramming including data flows, use case realizations, sequence and dependency diagrams.11. Professional demeanor with the ability to model dedication and support for DHP goals.12. Ability to make decisions considering a wide variety of situations and conditions.13. Promotes teamwork by building commitment and maintaining optimism.14. Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.15. Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment, and comfortable with change.16. Ability to quickly gain familiarity with systems and projects assigned.17. Technical Proficiency in Conceptual Modeling, UML and Logical Modeling.
1. Experience working in a SAFe environment with demonstrated competency of delivery against objectives.2. Experience in Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and CICD.3. Master’s degree in Computer Science, Project Management, Business Administration, Engineering, or a related discipline with an information technology focus. 4. Health Care and/or Health Insurance industry knowledge.5. Technical Proficiency in Data Flow Diagramming, Web Services, Micro-Services, relational databases, advanced analytics, cloud computing, .NET, Java, and ETL tools.
Essential Physical Functions:
1. Job tasks are primarily sedentary in nature.2. Ability to perform fine motor skills while using the computer or writing. Computer use may occur for extended periods.3. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.4. Ability to continuously perform fine motor tasks, such as computer, writing or phone tasks.