About the Role
Spin is looking for an experienced Systems Architect to help lead the effort to define its next generation of infrastructure and systems which will help service our ever growing fleet of devices in the field. You will be expected to drive the strategy and execution for solutions that will help us scale in an efficient, cost effective, and redundant manner across cloud providers. You will be expected to help guide the definition and establishment of best practices for infrastructure and SRE teams and work with the service engineering managers to hire and mentor these teams. This is a self driven role where you are expected to look at the business needs and prioritize your efforts to help achieve company goals.
- Define and develop the cloud architecture for Spin’s infrastructure.
- Define and develop protocols for how SRE activities are setup and conducted.
- Design and architect tooling to make the software development teams more efficient and productive.
- Design and develop scalable and practical CI/CD solutions to improve release confidence and reliability.
- Define and execute on processes to guide the team in getting better at the devops maturity model.
- Architect resilient and fault tolerant systems to handle a large scale distributed and unreliable set of IoT devices.
- 15+ years experience as a systems administrator and infrastructure or service engineer.
- 10+ years experience in cloud providers like AWS or GCP.
- Experience leading and helping build out distributes SRE teams.
- Deep experience with k8s, container technologies and toolchains.
- Deep experience supporting distributed systems and leading teams.
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness perk for salaried roles.