Requisition Number: 72213
As a Cloud Architect, your primary role will be as a Subject Mater Expert on Azure infrastructure offerings and architecture. You will be responsible for the analysis, design, and implementation of Microsoft Azure solutions and related technologies. Insight is looking for talented individuals who are passionate about emerging technologies and excited about the opportunity to work for industry-leading organizations!
What you’ll do at Insight:
- Serve as the subject matter expert for designing and implementing end-to-end data solutions (storage, compute, backup, integration, processing, visualization) in Microsoft Azure as well as other hybrid-cloud solutions.
- Design and develop data visualizations in Power BI and other tools.
- Hands-on design and implementation of Azure infrastructure and related technologies.
- Work closely with Insight teammates to ensure timely delivery of projects and coordination of technology resources for our business units
- Develop tools and processes to automate deployment and monitoring of cloud infrastructure as well as data resiliency and replication based on policies.
- Mentor junior engineers and peers with less experience in Cloud environments.
- Participate in the creation of strategic roadmaps by understanding the needs of the business and mapping technical objectives to those needs.
- Create high level reference architecture documentation to meet technology needs, and transformational initiatives
What you’ll need to join Insight:
- 5-10 years of relevant industry experience in an enterprise environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Must be strongly focused on succeeding as a team; leading by example and elevating the skills of those around you.
- Experience with Java, Ruby, Python, or another OOP language.
- Strong scripting skills in one or more of PowerShell, .Net, bash or perl.
- Significant experience designing, deploying, and supporting production cloud environments, particularly multi-region/multi-AZ environments.
- Strong understanding of cloud-based access, and security controls; experience with certificate and key management systems is desirable.
- Proven ability to manage projects both as a leader and an individual contributor.
- Excellent communication skills, listening skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to solve complex problems.
- SME-level skills in one or more of the following areas: Cloud Architecture, Infrastructure (Data Center Design, Networking, Systems Hardware, Systems Architecture Virtualization, Systems Management, and Security), Data Protection
- Growth in technical skills through certifications (MCSA, MCSE, MCP, MCTS) or other similar achievements is desired
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Global provider of Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations of all sizes
- Ranked #417 on the 2018 Fortune 500, #12 on the CRN Solution Provider 500
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona; now celebrating our 30th anniversary and operating in 20 countries
- $6.7 billion in revenue for 2017
- 8,000+ teammates worldwide working with 5,300+ partners
- 2017 Arizona’s Most Admired Companies (AZ Business Magazine), #7 2017 Best Places to Work (Phoenix Business Journal)
- 2018 Dell EMC Server Partner of the Year, 2018 Intel Retail Solution Partner of the Year, 2018 IBM Geography Excellence Award as the Top National Strategic Business Partner in North America, Microsoft’s largest global partner
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.