Position at Gogo Commercial Aviation
- Take a broad view across the entire Gogo system/solution to harmonize functionality and ensure all components work correctly together
- Ensure the solution is capable of meeting its requirements in a cost effective way
- Use technical and industry knowledge to identify optimal functional breakdown and minimize interface issues
- Work with vendors of components to understand their systems in depth to allow for functional definition and interface derivation
- Work with component experts within the company to ensure architecture is aligned and understood
- Document work in writing (Word, Powerpoint) and in online systems as needed (JAMA, JIRA)
- Ability to understand complex systems comprised of communication, computing, and Internet technologies.
- Web Service infrastructure knowledge and skills with the ability to learn and keep up with new tools and technologies quickly and efficiently.
- Experience with common Web protocols, languages, and Software Services such as TCP/IP, HTTP Services (e.g. NGINX), Virtualization/Containerization and open source aware.
- Understanding of modern web service to client/application technologies.
- Understanding of network infrastructure such as routers, gateways, load balancers, firewalls and deep packet inspection systems.
- Understanding of Stateful/Stateless Firewall and NAT solutions.
- Understanding of wireless communication systems and protocols such as CDMA/UMTS, WiFi and Satellite (GEO, LEO).
- Ability to work to clarify requests, collect and process data from existing and new sources, and work with other groups to understand underlying issues, driving towards completion of stated goals, seeking information and guidance where required.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to work with other groups to understand their work processes and information sources and to aggregate, organize and present complex technical information
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects efficiently.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, telecommunications, mathematics or related technical field required.
- Masters/ Ph.D. preferred.
- With B.S. degree require minimum 4 years relevant industry experience.
- With MS or PhD degree, documented expertise via coursework or projects relevant to qualifications.