Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and working across discipline lines, then our team might be your next career step.
As a Systems Architect, you will have experience in several functional areas of responsibility and system design. You will lead and drive the system architecture of smartphones as well as review, analyze, prototype and characterize new technologies for inclusion of smartphones.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Only one thing consistently stands in the way between our users and the world's information - hardware. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Work closely with Product Management teams to understand product vision and end-user experiences.
- Review, challenge and influence smartphone roadmaps and system performance.
- Work with internal stakeholders to evaluate and select components and new technologies for next generation products.
- Create internal and external system specifications.
- Keep up to date with technology trends and vendor roadmaps.
- BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 8years of experience in developing and shipping high volume consumer electronics products.
- Experience with prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification, and manufacturing support.
- Experience in creating and influencing system specification documents.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 10 years of experience in designing mobile phones.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high volume mobile products from beginning to end in the consumer electronics space.
- Excellent communication, project management, planning and organizational skills, with ability to work in a team on complex cross-disciplinary systems.