Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Edge Services team is looking for an expert with strong technical leadership skills to take charge of our operating system and platform strategy. You will be responsible for providing new architecture and scalability solutions to meet ever growing business needs. A strong background in hardware/software performance, networking, servers and components, and system level debugging is required. ****This position may also be based in the Greater Los Angeles Area or Culver City, CA******
- A genuine interest in operating system and hardware technology.
- Extensive Linux experience, especially with RHEL and compatible systems.
- Strong OS debugging skills and knowledge of how to build and maintain custom Linux kernels.
- Detailed knowledge of hardware and component selection to meet specific performance goals.
- Proven knowledge of the operating system networking stack, TCP/IP, routing, etc.
- Programming skills (shell, Python, Perl, C++) and the ability to automate system tasks.
- Ability to work with a team with varied strengths across multiple locations and influence others and build consensus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with revision control systems, continuous integration, unit testing, and configuration management systems.
- Experience running and deploying non-Linux platforms is a plus, especially FreeBSD and OSX.
BS or MS in computer science or related field 12+ years industry experience in lieu of degree.