Seeking an individual to fill a position as a System and Application monitoring analyst on our team. Individual will utilize knowledge and experience to monitor systems and applications, conduct initial troubleshooting and root cause analysis, and coordinate issue resolution with other team members. Individual will support the integration of new technologies with monitoring systems to include deployment and decommissioning of monitoring agents.
Essential Responsibilities include the following:
- Manage monitoring systems to include Microsoft System Center tool suite to include Operations Manager and related management packs, Riverbed Steel Central products to include Aternity, and vendor specific monitoring tools to include VrOPS, Citrix Director, Cisco Unified Communications Manager and others as required
- Perform daily operational checks and produce status reports/briefings as required
- Perform regular performance monitoring
- Produce metric and capacity planning reports as needed to support the monitored environments
- Work with incident management and subject matter experts to troubleshoot incidents and/or provide root cause analysis as required
- Maintain monitoring documentation, diagrams and standard operating procedures as required
- Coordinate and participate in key process improvements as they relate to operations monitoring
- Identify potential trends in performance gaps and recommend modifications to the standardized work documents by using process improvement principles
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-directed and able to work effectively in a diverse team environment with little to no direct supervision
- Ability and desire to take ownership of tasks and responsibilities
- Knowledge and experience related to IT systems and technologies.
- Knowledge of common industry hardware, operating systems, monitoring software, tools and utilities, and platforms, in addition to free and open source tools.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, data base, project planning.
- 5+ years of experience in IT industry to include familiarity with Windows Active Directory Services (AD, DNS, DHCP), Exchange, File Services, and Print Services
- CompTIA Security+ CE certification or another DoD 8570 IAT Level II qualification
- Associates Degree in Information Systems or other IT related field.
- Hands on experience in Windows systems administration
- Hands on experience in Unix/Linux systems administration
- Hands on experience insystem monitoring utilizing MS SCOM, VrOPS, vCenter, Aternity or similar tools
- Hands on experience in supporting/monitoring/maintaining virtual environments to include VMWare and Hyper-V
- Hands on experience in supporting/monitoring/maintaining desktop virtualization technologies to include Citrix XenApp and Microsoft App-V
- Hands on experience in supporting/monitoring/maintaining IP voice and video services
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.