Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
As a Systems Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work directly with customers and multi-disciplinary teams in a vibrant and dynamic team oriented environment. We are looking for a candidate with creative thinking, excellent communications and interpersonal skills, a passion for excellence, and strong engineering fundamentals to join our advance research team!
- In-depth understanding of optical systems especially the functions of the analog photonics devices and its applications such as, 3D-lidar, optical encoding, light curtains, laser distance measurements and triangulation, etc
- Knowledge of various photonic generation & sense technologies and familiarity with state-of-the-art developments in the optical field
- Business knowledge of key industrial market applications for high-speed photonics
- In-depth expertise in integrated photonics technology with the capability of specifying system requirements: spectral choices, signal-to-noise analysis, optics-path analysis, system optimization for cost, performance tradeoffs
- Ability to translate optical component specs (lenses, mirrors, splitters, etc) and generate models for end-to-end system simulation and specification
- Product level expertise in building hardware platform to demonstrate how silicon photo-devices can be utilized in various optical applications
- Ability to work with other optical and electronics design engineers to setup a solid testing environment to validate the system level performance of the device under test
- Ability to translate system models and connect to circuit implementation (familiarity with circuit techniques would be a plus)
- Exploration of new applications which can fully leverage the performance and form factor of the photonics devices from system perspective, competitive & ecosystem landscape, and ability to define product/technology needs to differentiate
- Be able to deliver end results with highest standards of quality, scientific rigor, innovation, and ease of use
Education & Experience:
- Masters or PhD in Optics/Physics/Electrical Engineering
- 5 to 7+ years of experience