This position is in the Broadcom Data Center Solutions group (DCSG) which builds enterprise storage products for SAS, SATA, and PCIe. The DCSG systems applications engineering (SAE) team is a global organization that helps customers design, integrate, and maintain enterprise level storage products. A DCSG SAE works directly with field application engineers (FAE) and customers to launch new customer products and resolve reported issues.
- Provide guidance to OEM customers on properly integrating Broadcom’s storage products into servers and custom designs. Guidance consists of architecture reviews, schematic reviews, and training customers on product features and limitations.
- Debug issues found with Broadcom storage products integrated into OEM customer production and beta level platforms to root cause and drive appropriate development teams (IC hardware, HBA hardware, Firmware or Software) to provide fix.
- Develop product documentation for use by customers implementing Broadcom storage products
Other duties include:
- Develop software tools and methods to improve debug efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Train field sales and support staff in the features and uses of Broadcom storage products
- Occasional travel, some of which may be international
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering and 8+ years of relevant experience (or Masters degree in related field and 6+ years of relevant experience).
- Experience with system, software, hardware and/or protocol level debug
- Experience developing and debugging C/C++
- Self-motivated and a strong self-driven learner who learns new technologies quickly
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with SAS/SATA/PCIe protocols, RAID, ARM or PPC embedded processors, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes and protocol analyzers
- Ability to quickly root cause issues in complex systems