McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automation, our Pharmacy Management Systems offer customer solutions through three technology systems: EnterpriseRx, PharmacyRx and Pharmaserv. We automate, streamline and centralize systems that conveniently convert data into information and services that help to provide better care, better business and better results.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Pharmacy Systems & Automationyou act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. We understand the importance of a system that works together. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Responsible for implementing product code releases. Manages and monitors product application for performance and health. Responds to product application support issues. Analyzes problems with software applications to identify problem area(s) and recommend corrective action. Recommends solutions to application questions. May utilize specialized domain expertise related to the specific application of the software to resolve problems.
The position of System Application Engineer provides application support for RelayHealth products primarily operating in UNIX/Linux and utilizing an Oracle database system. Solutions are highly complex and considered mission-critical in the healthcare industry, requiring rapid resolution
Required demonstrable experience in all areas in previous work history:
- Manage and maintain applications running on UNIX/Linux and providing for maximum uptime.
- Work with resources on other teams as appropriate to triage and diagnose issues with RelayHealth solutions.
- Master corporate best practices and supported methodologies for all job functions.
- Troubleshooting processes methodically and logically to fully resolve issues.
- Follow implementation procedures to promote new code into appropriate environments.
- Develop scripts or code to automate application operation functions.
- Create custom application monitors and configure monitoring solutions.
- Contribute to the knowledge base by adding and supplementing entries.
- Report on individual performance metrics or success factors as requested.
4+ years’ experience in software engineering
· 4+ years’ working in in a complex application technical support role
· Ability to create and modify Administrative code using shell scripts, java, Perl, SQL and some HTML
· XML Knowledge
Knowledge of management/configuration of web/application servers (Apache/Tomcat/Glassfish with Play! Framework a plus)
· Strong troubleshooting skills of applications within Linux environment built using Perl and Java – based technologies.
· Support of a Data Warehouse experience (Oracle a plus).
NoSQL experience (Preferably mongodb)
Some Windows Server experience.
Must be able to build, implement, and maintain administration and monitoring tools for automating application support activities.
Detail oriented with task, documentation, and communication.
Ability to quickly learn new, complex technologies
Effective verbal and written communication skills
Ability to prioritize and demonstrate time management skills
Ability to work effectively in high-pressure situations
Flexible schedule to allow for on-call rotation
Ability to work on a team as well as independently
Healthcare industry experience a plus
BS degree in technical discipline or relevant professional experience.
General Office Demands