$100K — $150K *
Software & Systems SBU
A Systems and Software Technical Program Lead job in Bismarck, ND is currently available through Belcan. We're looking for an energetic and entrepreneurial individual who is able to direct teams across the product development life cycle from requirements, development, verification, and validation. This role will coordinate multi-disciplinary teams to deliver projects and have the latitude to marshal resources and set priorities to run a business focused on quality, delivery, and accountability. The right person to manage this emerging portion of our business will need a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in electrical/software engineering and five plus years of experience collaborating or leading projects in embedded software and controls development. In this job, you will have the opportunity to work with systems engineers, software developers, test and validation engineers to discover and define product/project functionality. The position will be focused on a single customer at the customer site, with broad responsibilities towards project development, management, and coordination with broad technical expertise to build on a successful emerging business by understanding the customer's needs and crafting a proven solution with a solid execution plan.
- Work with senior controls/systems engineer to develop detailed systems requirements and architecture details.
- Integrate solutions developed by Belcan team into the system and ensure that the system requirements are met.
- Develop and articulate test plans for sub-systems that Belcan is responsible for.
- Identify root causes of failed deliverables and collaborate with team to resolve issues and address root cause.
- Serve as a primary point-of-contact for communications and other customer interfacing.
- Participate in technical update and workload planning meetings with customers.
- Develop work plans for and delegate to team members during project execution and mentor team members on product knowledge gained directly from interfacing with the customer.
- Participate in daily team standups and reviews.
Qualifications - Experience & Skills:
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration abilities are required.
- Experience with all phases of project development (design, specification, development, testing, and support) is required.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Electrical/Controls Engineering preferred.
- Five plus years of experience working on embedded software/controls applications is preferred.
- Experience with on-machine testing or test cell validation is preferred.
- Experience with CAN/J1939 is preferred.
- Experience with electro-hydraulic control systems and familiarity with hydraulically powered tools is preferred.
- Experience with working in an Agile development environment and using work-tracking software like TargetProcess/Jira is desired.
Qualifications - Abilities:
- Ability to decompose complex requirements into implementation details.
- Ability to articulate solutions by gaining understanding of the customer pain points and matching them up with Belcan capabilities.
- Ability to parse out tasks and coordinate with other team members.
Valid through: 6/14/2021