Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Solution Delivery Gathers, analyzes, and documents business requirements to drive the design and development of technology solutions. Leverages leading technology expertise to propose appropriate solution options. Leads and collaborates on iterative solution design and prototyping efforts as needed.Coordinates solution delivery activities across Scrum teams and vendors as required. Serves as subject matter expert to both technology and business teams for one or more service domains.Creates detailed system design, architecture and end user documentation to define work delivered by the team, and to support solution maintenance and future enhancements.Collaborates on project initiation effors by assisting in the definition of project scope and leading the identification/selection of targeted solution(s). Partners with project management team in the development of work plans, effort estimates, and delivery timelines.Collaborates with the functional, business, QA and engineering teams and leverages relevant process and technology proficiency to provide options and optimal solution(s).Proactively identifies improvement opportunities (productivity/efficiency gains, cost savings, etc.).
System Configuration & Testing Influences application configuration (i.e. attributes, workflows and UI changes) in support of solution delivery initiatives. Directs solution testing efforts by influencing test plans, test environment preparation, coordinating the test execution, and reviewing test results.
Production Support Participates in day to day support of global systems. Provides trend analysis and KPI reporting. Leads and participates in issue resolution with vendors and/or cross-functional teams. Provides timely and thorough communication regarding issue status/resolution with end-users and other key stakeholders. Participates in the creation and maintenance of system documentation (e.g. Wiki, Knowledge Base Articles) and admin training documentation for users.
Summary of Experience
7+ years of relevant experience
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Comprehensive understanding of workflows, web based applications, database concepts and SQL queries, with the ability to troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis in these areas.
- Ability to use business knowledge, sound judgment, and resourcefulness to design and deploy highly reliable, complex, and scalable global technology solutions.
- Ability to collaborate, objectively assess benefits, costs, and viability of proposed solution options and drive consensus across a diverse group stakeholders.
- Experience in agile/scrum methodology.
- Experience in an Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) such as TRIRIGA, Manhattan or ERP system such as Oracle, SAP etc.
Core Competencies Puts the Customer First: Has a relentless focus on the customer. Understands what the customer wants and how to best deliver the experience. Works Well with Others: Listens and communicates well with others within and outside of Starbucks. Creates a team environment that is positive and productive. Leads Courageously: Takes personal responsibility to do the right thing, and persists in times of challenge or uncertainty. Adapts quickly to change and makes timely, thoughtful decisions. Develops Continuously: Continuously seek opportunities to improve self and others. Leads with trust, honesty and commitment to hire, coach and develop partners to achieve their potential.