Join the Publix Pharmacy IT Team as a Systems Analyst Programmer where you will play a key business analyst role interacting with enterprise teams to design solutions for Pharmacy applications. Responsibilities will include gathering requirements, leading software delivery projects, and working hand in hand with technical teams on cross platform software development initiatives using various programming languages, methods, tools, and utilities.
The most suitable hire for this position will be a candidate with strong analytical, planning, problem solving, writing, presentation skills and one who can communicate effectively with management, peers, technology vendors, and business area customers.
- Knowledge and experience with technical terms, SDLC, and leading Software delivery projects
- Contribute to critical efforts to develop highly complex systems by overseeing requirements, design, development, and implementation
- Lead and facilitate interviews with business units to understand, model, negotiate, specify, and validate business requirements
- Provide support and leadership to development lead, test lead and other team members during all phases of projects
- Implement complex solutions into production environment and coordinate validation
- Ensure adherence to security best practices and standards for various platforms
- Work closely with IT management on project and resource planning, including effort estimation
- Maintain a consistently large, and often dynamic workload
- Participate in an 24x7 on-call rotation to restore service for productions systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other analytical discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum four years of experience with systems analysis, requirements gathering, and design
- Minimum four years of experience in analyzing complex business problems or processes and translating business requirements into technology solutions that factor in system performance, usability, quality, cross-system interdependencies, scalability, and total cost of ownership
- Minimum four years of experience designing enterprise class solutions
- Minimum four years of experience with Oracle or SQL Server databases
- Skilled in project and resource planning; ability to deliver projects meeting project milestones and budget
- Five or more years of I/T experience in application design, development and delivery
- Five or more years of experience in analyzing complex business problems or processes and translating business requirements into technology solutions that factor in system performance, usability, quality, cross-system interdependencies, scalability, and total cost of ownership
- Skilled in writing complex queries using an ANSI-compliant SQL language against an enterprise relational database management system
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience with performance / load testing
- Experience with Pharmacy or Medical concepts, terminology, and systems
- Be able to work with minimal supervision within large corporate environment