We are looking for Systems Analyst for our client in Olympia, WA
Job Title: ??Systems Analyst
Job Location: Olympia, WA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Client is in the process of is in the process of a Systems Modernization Project (SMP), this system will be replacing their legacy licensing, enforcement, imaging and stand-alone applications with an integrated solution built around a Commercial Off- the-Shelf (COTS) product. This project has a very short timeframe to architect the integrations of existing applications with the selected COTS solution.
- The purpose of this Work Order is to enter into an agreement for two System Analysts to plan, analysis, elicit, document and manage functional and non functional requirements. These positions must have experience independently translating and clearly documenting requirements into use cases and other system specifications. These positions must be able to lead, manage and collaborate with other analysts. Systems Analysts must have strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Client anticipates hiring two (2) Systems Analysts, but reserves the right to hire only one (1) or more than two (2). Contractor shall furnish the necessary personnel, and/or otherwise do all things necessary for or incidental to the performance of work set forth in the Scope of Work. Client will provide all necessary equipment and hardware for this position.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- It is anticipated that each Systems Analyst will need to provide approximately 125 hours of service, per month, for the client. The Contractor Staff shall complete functions including, but not limited to the following: Specific Tasks and
- Plan, lead and manage functional and nonfunctional requirements for a project
- Facilitate requirement gathering sessions
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements
- Develop business and system specification documents
- Develop and maintain requirement traceability matrix
- Document use cases from business requirements and business process flows
- Perform gap analysis on current and future system functionality
- Review test cases and test results to ensure new system functionality is align with functional and nonfunctional requirements
- Prepare and deliver regular communication to stakeholders
- Collaborate with other systems analysts, software developers and system owners to plan, define, document, configure, develop and test.
The Contractor Staff will work collaboratively with the client?s staff in activities which may include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting analysis or gathering information with client?s staff.
- Seeking input or direction from the client?s staff or management.
- Development of any criteria for decision making choosing among options
- Peer review and feedback on work assignments.
- Preparing materials, demo system, or data for presentations.
- Maintenance of a work or task plan.
- When requested, participation in meetings and teleconferences with the client?s staff, and provide input to business and customers and other team members.
- Sharing knowledge with the client?s employees, including knowledge transfer to FTE technical staff and coaching or mentoring business area customers is required on all work completed.
- At least 3years of recent demonstrated experience in, and aptitude for, planning requirement elicitation and managing requirements for complex solution and supervising business or systems analysts for large system replacement projects.
- Demonstrated expert level experience in, and knowledge of, requirement management methodologies, tools and processes.
- Demonstrated expert level experience in, and aptitude for, requirement elicitation and documentation.
- At least 3years of recent demonstrated experience in, and aptitude for, translating functional and nonfunctional requirements into Use Cases.
- Demonstrate working-level workload management skills - plan and organize assignments to create timely, accurate work products. Work efficiently, remain focused, and handle interruptions effectively.
- Strong technical analytical skills with proven documentation of analysis and recommendation.
- Demonstrated expert level experience in, and aptitude for, iterative development techniques, such as Agile.
- Demonstrated expert level experience in, and aptitude for, presentation, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills when communicating to internal IT personnel as well as users in the business units
- Demonstrated experience in, and aptitude for, establish and maintain technical and architectural documentation standards.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Proven ability to deliver products with highest quality and on time.
- An Associate?s degree or completion of an accredited vocational training program in an information technology or related program in information technology analysis, system maintenance, or troubleshooting/problem resolution experience, or analyzing, designing, or programming computer systems applications or databases.
- Demonstrated experience in defining and working in an environment where IT security best practices, policies and procedures are required and audited, with having responsibility for enforcing and administering policies and procedures
- Working level knowledge of writing and modifying Structure Query Language (SQL) statements.
- A valid Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) Certification.
- Experience with Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) or Team Services Foundation (TFS)