News America Marketing (“NAM”), a subsidiary of News Corp [NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV], is the premier marketing partner of some of the world’s most well-known brands, and its broad network of shopper media, incentive platforms and custom merchandising services influences the purchasing decisions of online and offline shoppers across the U.S. and Canada. News America Marketing’s marketing solutions are available via multiple distributionchannels, including publications, in stores and online, primarily under the SmartSource brand name and through the Checkout 51 mobile application.
News America Marketing’s Enterprise Technology organization is looking for a talented business analyst who is passionate about technology to join our globally distributed team and help us develop industry advancing solutions and capabilities to our internal and external customers. To be successful in this role, you’ll need a solid foundation in web application development, agile development, ability to translate the business need to development team, manage multiple task related to a project development, experience with web application design , and a drive to tackle new challenges head-on. This is your chance to help build and work on a team of experienced and talented individuals, participate in a fun and engaging workplace culture, and have your work seen and used by many.
- Work with business owners and champions to write user stories
- Create wireframes and other design artifact to support product development
- Collaborate with Visual/UI designer during the usability testing sessions and add/update stories based on user response
- Documents user’s epics and users stores and maintains them to match the product roadmap
- Work with the Scrum Master, customers and developers to detail the user stories to level where they are independent, valuable, estimable and testable
- Responsible for ensuring user stories include validation criteria which reasonably covers all areas necessary for completing testing
- Act as an interface and customer advocate to ensure customer, stakeholder and user needs are being addressed.
- Collaborate with and supportdevelopers during their design and development efforts
- Provide additional support and guidance to clients during the implementation phase to include development of training resources
- Validate that product deliveries meet customer requirements and drive product demos
Represent the customer and users during backlog grooming sessions and internal demos
- Participate in Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews, Scrum Meetings and other agile activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience, Masters degreepreferred
- Possess knowledge of industry best practices and good software architecture
- An understanding of current trends in web and mobile development
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins
- Strong knowledge and experience with Bootstraptor similar frontend
- Strong experience with HTML, CSS, and JS.
- Strong experience designing HTML and web user interface
- Experience with Jira and other project management tools
- Drive the use of testing and optimization tools for the Integration Systems
- Experience with Alfresco platform is a plus
- 3 years of relevant experience designing and implementing web applications
- 2 years of agile development
- 2 years of experience working in a modern web application stack (React, Angular, Bootstrap, etc.)
- 2 experience with designing web application
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to take a team lead position