Hudson’s Bay Company is one of the fastest-growing department store retailers in the world. In North America, HBC’s leading banners include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Find @ Lord & Taylor, and Home Outfitters. In Europe, HBC’s banners include GALERIA Kaufhof (the largest department store group in Germany), Galeria INNO (Belgium’s only department store group), and Sportarena. At HBC we are a company of adventurers who explore uncharted territory, challenge convention, and work with imagination and fun.
The System Analyst is accountable to the Manager or Project Leader for the development of fully integrated business solutions, and/or the integration of legacy systems and acquired software packages. They will implement all portions of systems through systems analysis, design, testing, documenting and training. May sometimes function as Project Leader.
- Collaborate with business partners and IT teams in the planning, design, and development of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Develop functional design and technical specifications for interfaces, data conversions, reports, and application extensions in the implementation of complex enterprise solutions.
- Design and develop technical solutions to meet business needs.
- Develop and execute comprehensive test plans.
- Creative problem solving – producing quick and well thought out solutions.
- Understand critical business needs and prioritize tasks for team .
- Communicate analysis results and make recommendations to management.
- Lead people and small projects as required.
Personal Characteristics The successful candidate will demonstrate a proven and quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization. They will be a change agent who is flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, rapid paced environment; creative with a strategic mindset along with the ability to turn concepts into action. They will embody a culture of taking smart risks and innovating to win.
- 8-10 years of experience in application design and implementation.
- Experience in the areas of RetailSalesAudit or Store RFTechnology.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with MS Office tools including Visio.
- Previous programming experience is an asset.
- Ability to develop functional/technical specifications and documentation.
- Understanding of SDLC methodology.
- Full lifecycle implementation experience.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills and the ability to take an innovative approach to business problems.
- Must be able to problem solve and make decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to express complex technical concepts.
- Strong interpersonal skills with focus on teamwork, sharing knowledge and expertise as it relates to the role.
- Self-starter and a quick learner.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned work.
- Sound ability to handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Comfortable to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to estimate work.
- Able to establish relationships with internal and external partners.
- Have a strong understanding of industry standards and upcoming technology.
A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field (preferred) or equivalent experience.