Scope of the role:
The right candidate will possess a strong technical and business background, with demonstrated experience in managing products that have created business value and delivered impact within the B2B and B2C retail industry or similar industries. This role will also partner with the cross-functional technology teams to help define the roadmap, design the future state global solution of delivering a “store in a box” concept.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Collaborates on project initiation efforts by assisting in the definition of project scope and leading the identification/selection of targeted solution(s). Partners with project management in the development of work plans, effort estimates, and delivery timelines.
- Analyzes, and directs solution requirements for complex projects. Leads user story creation and backlog grooming in an agile delivery environment.
- Utilizes LEAN techniques to develop business process designs and guide operations improvements via process re- engineering efforts.
- Leads the thoughtful design of engaging technology solutions by utilizing user-centric design techniques and considering the overall user technologyexperience.
- Supports business, development, and testing teams by leveraging relevant process, domain, and technology proficiency to propose optimal solution options for delivering required capabilities
- Proactively identifies improvement opportunities (productivity/efficiency gains, cost savings, etc.).
- Demonstrates expertise in utilizing agile/scrum methodology in execution of solution delivery.
- Applies Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) design concepts.
System Configuration & Testing
- Directs application configuration (i.e. create attributes, workflows and UI changes) in support of solution delivery initiatives.
- Provides consulting to development team in agiledesign/development of custom solution components. Partners effectively with application development and participates in code reviews as appropriate.
- Defines and develops approaches for data conversion and leads the extract, load, and validation of converted data.
- Supports solution testing efforts by developing test plans, preparing test environments, coordinating the test execution, and reviewing test results.
- Coaches team members in the development of ad-hoc queries and operational reports.
- Directs 24*7 global support of critical systems. Provides trend analysis and KPI reporting.
- Proficient in systems and leverages subject matter expertise to lead root cause analysis.
- Leads issue resolution with vendors and/or cross-functional teams. Provides timely and thorough communication regarding issue status/resolution with end-users and other key stakeholders.
- Directs the creation and maintenance of system documentation (e.g. Wiki, Knowledge Base Articles) and admin training documentation for users.
- Directs, develops and delivers system training.
- Collaborates with the business, proposes and leads solution and improvement efforts based on a high degree of business acumen.
- Conceives, proposes and influences new ideas and gains alignment on decisions within and outside team; usually armed with a known skill-set, competency or tool and is aware of the bigger picture in a domain.
- Leads design/delivery efforts, oversees many tracks of work on complex initiatives, coaches best practices and delegates tasks.
- Proactively develops team members and peers through coaching and mentoring required technical skills, functional knowledge and business acumen.
- Demonstrates knowledge of industry trends and innovative thought leadership.
- Generates new ideas and influences decisions within and outside team.
Summary of Experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge of all facets of systems development lifecycle and IT operations.
- Deep expertise in configuration and integration points of relevant applications/modules/platforms.
- Solid understanding and designexperience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Leverages user-centric design concepts in conjunction with agile prototyping, development, and testing to deploy highly engaging technology solutions to the end user.
- Ability to couple technology expertise with deep understanding of business requirements to design and deploy highly reliable, scalable, and sustainable global technology solutions.
- Collaboratively and objectively assesses benefits, costs, and viability of proposed solution options and drives alignment across a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Applies knowledge of business principles and technology practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional activities.