Systems Analyst, Laboratory Automation - Waters NuGenesis Platform
The Systems Analyst, Laboratory Automation position is responsible for supporting the development and delivery of various global, harmonized, and standardized laboratory systems to be implemented as part of the evolution of the Laboratory Automation roadmap.
This position will be primarily focused on The Waters NuGenesis Platform. The Systems Analyst, Laboratory Automation person will play a key role on the global implementation teams that will be responsible for defining standard global business processes, configuring/testing/validating the software solutions, and deploying the solutions across all Catalent sites.
The position works closely with the business, consulting partners and internal IT teams serving as an expert resource, bringing forth opportunities to leverage core Analytical Systems and other complementary solutions to help support the growth of the business and influence decisions regarding business process changes.
The Systems Analyst, Laboratory Automation position will report to the Global Laboratory Automation Business Lead
This position can be based in Morrisville, NC; Kansas City, MO; Somerset, NJ or Bloomington, IN
In concert with Catalent's Patient First philosophy, this position is key in our
efforts toward continuous improvement of our processes & information which will
allow quality drug products to reach patients safely and efficiently.
- Works closely with the Operations, Quality, and R&D organizations to develop standardized global business processes that support laboratory operations.
- Provides expertise in Design, Configuration, Testing, Validation, and Training for laboratory systems, primarily focused on LIMS.
- Supports system deployment activities across 30+ worldwide sites.
- Develops and updates required system deliverables including, but not limited to, architectural documentation, configuration documentation, test scripts, and training materials.
- Contributes to the documentation, design and testing of data conversions and Master Data Management.
- Executes plans to educate and train the user community on related topics and applications.
- Develops and implements processes to effectively transition post-implementation support activities to the AS operational team.
- Liaise with the user community and Support Teams to understand the nature and trending of issues encountered by end users and new project requests.
- Ensures that deployed systems comply with all applicable GxP, legal, and fiduciary policies, practices and requirements.
- Handles issues appropriately and with a sense of urgency.
- Advises the organization on laboratory & analytical systems related topics as required.
The Candidate (requirements)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Physical or Life Sciences, or other related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years' experience in implementing a Laboratory Systems (Waters Nugenesis preferred) in a global environment.
- Pharmaceutical and/or life sciences experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of industry trends, best practices & operating principles.
- Computer System Validation, 21 CFR Part 11, Annex 11, and general GxP experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Travel of approximately 25% (as required by project assignments).
Catalent's standard leadership competencies that are used to interview and for Performance & Development:
- Leads with Integrity and Respect
- Delivers Results
- Demonstrates Business Acumen
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
- Champions Change
- Engages and Inspires
- Coaches and Develops
- Diverse, inclusive culture
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Educational assistance/reimbursement
- 19 days' Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Employee discount programs
- Robust Employee Referral Program