Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support troubleshooting and problem resolution for laboratory IT systems (networked and stand-alone).
- Support data mining requests from managed lab IT systems in various output formats such as Crystal reports or Excel file extractions.
- Support application modifications that deliver process improvements to managed lab systems.
- Administer security access to laboratory IT systems per company policy/procedure.
- Perform scheduled security related Preventive Maintenance (PM) Work Orders against laboratory IT systems.
- Identify, plan, and estimate tasks for cross-functional projects involving server-based technologies, suggesting replacement technologies where feasible.
- Understand site business processes and their usage of the server-based applications and system functions.
- Develop, configure, and test applications based on business requirements and solution design. Participate with other project team members including third parties in the completion of similar activities.
- Execute the Software Development Life Cycle as directed by existing processes and procedures. These systems and processes will be focused mainly on lab functions.
- Document applications and support validation efforts on applications where required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Six Sigma Green Belt, M1, or Lean Certification is desirable to correctly analyze and support development and sustain the improvements delivered by these mission critical applications.
- Project Management course participation is also desirable to ensure projects are monitored and delivered on committed timelines. using project management skills to deliver projects within scope
- Experience working in a regulated environment is preferred (i.e. FDA, FAA, OSHA, etc.).
- Previous experience within multiple software or product development projects, working with internal and external partners is needed to ensure successful delivery of these complex solutions.
- Experience in development processes across a variety of system environments, tools and languages is preferred. Specific software environment, tools, and languages include:
- Windows Servers, HTML, XML, ASP, PHP, Web services, Java, Microsoft Office, Project, .NET, Visual Studio, and Networking TCPIP. Open Source and Object oriented design solutions such as Tomcat, Alfresco, Activity, spring and other emerging standards is desirable. Databases of MS-Access, MSSQL, DB2, and familiarity with ODBC and JDBC techniques.
- Must be able to effectively communicate at all levels within the organization.
- Must be able to manage simple to complex projects.
- Must demonstrate a sense of urgency to resolve customer issues.
- Must be able to rapidly gain understanding of existing site processes and systems to enable fixes, future enhancements and migration of critical site data and applications.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with technical employees, facilitate geographically dispersed resources and effectively interface with various levels of management and team structures.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills to effectively analyze needs and implement decisions.
Minimum Qualifications, Education & Experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Bachelor’s Degree Required: Computer Science or related field
- 3 to 5 years’ progressive experience of Systems Analysis and Design Experience with a minimum of 2 years with responsibilities within small to medium project development and rollout experience.