Careers At Jones Edmunds and Associates
Share with friends or Subscribe!
Current job opportunities are posted here as they become available.
Subscribe to our RSS feeds to receive instant updates as new positions become available.
Back To Openings
Department: GIS/Ecology Location: Tampa, FL
START YOUR APPLICATION
Jones Edmunds supports clients with electronic asset management solutions. We are seeking a Systems Analyst join our Implementation Team. The candidate for the Systems Analyst position will specialize in analyzing, designing, and maintaining enterprise information systems for private, city and county utilities agencies. He or she will be able to configure geographic information systems (GIS) based asset maintenance software solutions such as Cityworks AMS/PLL and have strong SQL database programing skills. Strong technical skills, a familiarity with database development and reporting, and the ability to think critically will be requirements for success. The Systems Analyst will be expected to work as part of a team and will regularly interface with colleagues and clients and understand utility infrastructure maintenance practices. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as an ability to effectively communicate through written and verbal means, are necessary. In this role, the Systems Analyst will use GIS, SQL programming, and other computerized maintenance management software (CMMS) applications to satisfy project needs. Candidates who have SQL programming, consulting, and/or experience in the public works and utilities industries are preferred.
- Implement, configure, and maintain Cityworks AMS/PLL for client organizations.
- Meet with end-users to gather system requirements, analyze business rules, and make recommendations for technical solutions.
- Construct one-off technical solutions to replace legacy systems or manual processes.
- Design, and develop complex GIS and/or application databases.
- Augment database stored procedures, triggers, and views to meet client needs.
- Develop ETL processes to migrate data between disconnected systems.
- Provide data analysis services, system administration, and technical support for new and existing clients.
- Use appropriate software development methodologies in planning and implementing work products, including work with web development, IIS, SQL Server, and ArcGIS for server.
- Support the creation of needs assessment reviews and provide recommendations for process improvement.
- Provide QA/QC of one's own work, as well as the work of peers Maintain metadata and develop standards and best practices to support systems and data.
- Prepare technical documentation of project requirements, procedures, execution, and implementation plans.
- Implement and manage ArcGIS for server or other asset management systems.
- Build custom reports using SQL, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, and Crystal Reports.
- Design, interpret, and implement data model functionality.
- Lead internal and client-facing technical training sessions.
- Prepare concise and correct written correspondence.
- Work independently or as part of a team to perform technical activities consistent with project plans within project scope and budget.
- Track progress on project tasks relative to scope, deliverables, schedule, and budget.
- May act as Project or Task Manager.
- Participate in developing technical papers and presentations.
- Represent the organization by attending and presenting at regional and national technical conferences.
- Assist in the creation of project proposals, scopes, schedules, and fees..
Develop customized training materials for end-users, administrators, and city/county officials.POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Education: BS/BA in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Geography, GIS, Planning or other related field.