- Implement, configure, and maintain Cityworks AMS/PLL for client organizations.
- Meet with end-users to gather system requirements, analyze business rules, and make recommendations for technical solutions.
- Construct one-off technical solutions to replace legacy systems or manual processes.
- Design, and develop complex GIS and/or application databases.
- Augment database stored procedures, triggers, and views to meet client needs.
- Develop ETL processes to migrate data between disconnected systems.
- Provide data analysis services, system administration, and technical support for new and existing clients.
- Use appropriate software development methodologies in planning and implementing work products, including work with web development, IIS, SQL Server, and ArcGIS for server.
- Support the creation of needs assessment reviews and provide recommendations for process improvement.
- Provide QA/QC of one’s own work, as well as the work of peers Maintain metadata and develop standards and best practices to support systems and data.
- Prepare technical documentation of project requirements, procedures, execution, and implementation plans.
- Implement and manage ArcGIS for server or other asset management systems.
- Build custom reports using SQL, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services, and Crystal Reports.
- Design, interpret, and implement data model functionality.
- Lead internal and client-facing technical training sessions.
- Prepare concise and correct written correspondence.
- Work independently or as part of a team to perform technical activities consistent with project plans within project scope and budget.
- Track progress on project tasks relative to scope, deliverables, schedule, and budget.
- May act as Project or Task Manager.
- Participate in developing technical papers and presentations.
- Represent the organization by attending and presenting at regional and national technical conferences.
- Assist in the creation of project proposals, scopes, schedules, and fees..
- Develop customized training materials for end-users, administrators, and city/county officials.
Education: BS/BA in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Geography, GIS, Planning or other related field.