Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
5 - 7 years
Posted 133 days ago
Participate in a team environment as a Systems Analyst to conduct systems engineering activities (i.e., performance analysis, concept definition, requirements development, design verification & validation) for Navy Air and Missile Defense Systems including the Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC) system. Utilize and develop tools to advance existing analysis and modeling methods. Document and present results of system engineering activities.
Duties (Listed in order of importance with the estimated amount of time spent at each task):
1. Analyze and evaluate current and past performance of CEC. Compare this data to appropriate operational requirements. Identify performance gaps. Provide detailed, prioritized recommendations to enhance system performance. May include field travel for current test events.
2. Participate in development of analysis tools and “proof of concept” algorithm development written in C++, Python and MatLab. Work to include algorithm design improvements, software testing, and associated documentation.
3. Participate in teams and collaborate with other APL staff to formulate recommendations for various CEC program efforts and activities.
4. Deliver formal presentations to Engineering Community and Sponsors; effectively communicate proposed concepts / solutions, and analysis results. Produce documentation to capture concept definitions, requirements, analysis results, and technical recommendations.
5. Participate in Analysis Working Groups to discuss results and measures of performance for CEC as needed. May include field travel.
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or equivalent. A minimum of 4 years in data analysis/testing or modeling experience (i.e. Matlab). Proficiency with C++, Matlab, and/or Python programming languages. Experience is systems engineering and/or DoD acquisition process. Experience using Microsoft Office products including PowerPoint and Excel. Experience working successfully within a team environment either at school or in the work place. Strong analytical and logical skills and attention to detail. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Active SECRET clearance.
MSdegree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or equivalent. Proven success working in a multi-disciplinary team environments. Working knowledge of Navy radars, combat systems, or CEC.