Systems Analyst IIIDescription
The Odom Corporation is looking for a Senior Systems Analyst with strong business and technical skills. This position would partner with business, technology and operational subject matter experts to identify opportunities in which new, or enhancements to existing software applications can streamline business processes and the user experience across the company.
The Systems Analyst would be responsible for reviewing, analyzing and occasionally modifying system configurations. Activities may include, are not limited to, defining requirements, creating functional specifications, testing, debugging and implementing software. This individual must also have a passion for understanding relational database workflow, defining and maintaining attributes to the system, and be able to troubleshoot workflow issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Support and coordinate application development for multiple projects. This includes working with the business and operational subject matter experts to create functional specifications as required.
• Investigate and resolve application functionality related issues and provide first level support and troubleshooting
• Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
• Analyze data contained in the corporate database(s) and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and implement solutions.
• Provides minor programming for some in-house IT projects.
• Produces technical documentation for new and existing applications.
• Serves as liaison and facilitator between all business units to assist in addressing and resolving IT software issues.
• Participates in after hours support of system application issues and failures
Requirements Job Requirements
• 4 year college degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
• 5+ years experience as a Systems Analyst.
• Solid knowledge in relational database design in Microsoft SQL.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products. Background in Visual Basic, Microsoft.NET, and SQL stored procedures a plus.
• Solid knowledge of systems integration, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications
• Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures, and guidelines to support application development and operational processes
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new job related tasks.
• Must have high attention to detail and excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to multitask with changing priorities, in a high pressure team environment with little to no supervision.