Are you Mohawk Material? We're the biggest and the best flooring company in the world, and we are looking for the best SYSTEMS ANALYST II - EDI professionals to support our continued growth! At Mohawk there are always opportunities for high performing professionals to excel! Are you the best? If so show us what you are made of and come build your career with us!
With latitude for independent judgment and decision-making is responsible for the development, modification and implementation of application systems designed to support new or existing business needs. Provides technical support in all aspects of designing and constructing applications systems, to include development requirements, design specifications and integration analysis and resolution. Projects are of medium to high complexity and require advance knowledge of development tools. Based on thorough analysis of the project and considering staff, equipment and deadlines, develops solutions from concept to implementation using object-oriented applications, languages and third party tools, client server based tools and comparable applications. Typically works in all phases of a project.
- Participates in the evaluation, customization, implementation, and support of purchased applications. Design, code, test, install, and support significant enhancements to existing application systems and entire new development projects. Serves as the primary on-call support person; troubleshoots and corrects complex system problems.
- Performs required analysis and provides technical advice and direction regarding the interface/integrate of supported systems with the rest of the application portfolio; analyzes how the supported applications can best serve business functions; recognizes the impact to the business of proposed applications changes and advises IS colleagues accordingly.
- Interacts with customers and internal team to quantify system requirements, and coordinate system and integration testing, migration and roll-out; participates in identifying alternative technical solutions options, quantifying pro and cons. Identifies and uses appropriate methods, techniques, and tools for documenting applications and interfaces.
- Performs other duties as required
Minimum of Bachelors plus 5 years of work experienceComputer Science, Business Administration, Engineering or related discipline with an information technology focus.
5+ years job specific work experience with demonstrated professional growth and achievement. Experience must include…
- Prior develop experience within an iSeries environment utilizing RPG (IV, ILE, Free)
- In-depth technical knowledge, with hands-on experience working with EDI related systems and architecture including EDI translation software, EDI service providers, Value Added Networks, and Asynchronous Communication.
- Experienced in processing a variety of EDI document types include 800 series and 200 series documents
- Prior work experience working with large, national trading partners, VAN's and 3 rd party EDI organizations is a plus.
- Familiarity with internet protocols (AS2, AS3), EAI integration
- Inovis Trustedlink experience a plus
- NuBridges communication package a plus (ZMODFTP and EDIIP)
- Prior work experience in an organization of comparable size, business diversity, scope and complexity a plus
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite(Word, Excel, PowerPoint), etc.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of system development life cycle, dynamics of applications development projects, Information Technology practices and methods.
- Working knowledge of the principles, techniques and methodology of project management, quality management, and change management
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers
- Good understanding of a functional domain area
- Willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate, market and sell new ideas within the organization.
- Able to understand Customer priorities and work toward accomplishing those priorities
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport persuades others, and gains understanding
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply to business needs
- Able to meet milestones for assignments
- Able to take ownership of assignments and provide workable solutions
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risk, to stimulate, market and sell new ideas within the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group, to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others.
- Ability to manage/implement projects and contributes to concept development, and ability to identify, analyze and resolve business issues through solution-oriented projects
- Self motivated & Goal driven towards assigned tasks
- Manage individual time and attention based on assigned job roles/objectives
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment and/or crisis situation and render good decisions to resolve the problems, maintain safety and ensure adherence to Corporate Code of Conduct.