The Systems Analyst performs as Systems Administrator, Programmer, and Business Analyst responsible for understanding, developing, testing, supporting, and maintaining Crane Engineering tools applications. This position is involved in analyzing business processes and matching them with appropriate technology solutions for automation and for improving process efficiency and supports Development and Production environments. The ideal candidate will be self-driven and have a great attitude.
The Systems Analyst I is an individual contributor who works under direct supervision and is responsible for developing, testing, supporting and maintaining Crane A&E Engineering tools and applications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and document applications to meet user requirements
- Code, test, and troubleshoot applications for assigned area utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technologies
- Write and maintain project and programming documentation
- Modify standard software and applications to meet specified functional requirements
- Support and maintain custom applications as well as create roadmaps for tools consolidation and upgrade
- Provide support for project planning, implementation and training for new applications and upgrades
- Assess required amount of time and resources needed to accomplish different programming tasks
- Develop structured documents and tools to access the information in them
- Interface with engineers at multiple sites for requirements gathering, data mapping, testing and verification, user training, and to communicate project status
- Design, Develop, Migrate and Deploy solutions for data, requirements, software management and workflows using Teamcenter, IBM Rational Tool Suite DOORS, Change/Synergy, SharePoint and/or SQL Server, as needed
- 2 years’ experience in system administration. This includes Linux (Red Hat preferable) and Windows.
- 2 years’ experience in server application installs, configuration, scripting, automation (SCCM, msi) and maintenance.
- Development process knowledge and experience preferred.
- Understanding of LDAP and AD. Experience managing and planning for license usage.
- Knowledge of scripting, application install, configuration and support; PowerShell, Perl, PHP, Batch, Shell etc.
- Application installs, configuration, troubleshooting and support such as PLM Teamcenter Unified, AGILE, JBOSS, Weblogic, Jetty/Tomcat, Apache, IIS, CAD tools e.g. SolidWorks, NX, AutoDesk Inventor, CREO, Altium, Mentor Graphics, PADS, MathLab, MathWorks, MathCAD, ANSYS etc.
- Understanding of CMMC (Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification), DFARS (Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement), NIST 800-171, CUI (Controlled Unclassified Information), CDI (Covered Defense Information) regulations, concepts & compliance covering, but not limited to, PoLP (Principle of Least Privilege), UAR (User Access Review) etc.
- License management and reporting, printer/plotter support, installation and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of technical concepts, principles of developing maintainable code as well as assessing time needed to accomplish different programming tasks
- Deep understanding of structured documents specifically XML
- Strong knowledge in best practice design, implementation, and support of PLM, SharePoint, Software Source Control, Requirements Management and SQL Server, Linux (Red Hat preferable) and Windows, J2SE, JAVA, C/C++, XML/DTD/XSL, .NET, Python
- Working knowledge of LDAP and AD
- Knowledge of business process analysis, with a focus on Systems/Software Development Lifecycle
- Knowledge of high-level document, requirements, software source control and configuration management tools
- Ability to react quickly & effectively in challenging situations (think on feet)
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Self-driven and self-directed with a great attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interest in efficiency and continuous improvement
- Ability to work independently in a distributed team
- Proven leadership ability, including demonstrated ability to consult with functional leaders and other systems analysts and administrators
- Documentation writing skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Employment Eligibility Requirement:
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and not require Visa sponsorship to be eligible. As a US Department of Defense contractor we are bound by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Development process knowledge and experience
- XML/DTD/XSL experience
- Knowledge of run time in support of mission critical systems and tuning of PLM Teamcenter, IBM Rational, SharePoint and 3rd party tools
- SharePoint programming experience
- Experience with Oracle, MSSQL database platforms