For more than 70 years, people all across America have relied on Ferrellgas for their home, business, and agricultural needs.
Why work at Ferrellgas? Because Ferrellgas maintains a friendly, family, competitive atmosphere within a growing Organization that currently stands second largest in the U.S. Our blue trucks stand at the forefront of green efforts by means of new propane fueled initiatives such as autogas. Performance improvement is expected and is facilitated through in house competitions and annual employee recognition awards.
We strive to hire and retain the most elite employees, several of which have been featured in Ingram’s “Top 40 under 40” lists. Not only does Ferrellgas care about the Employee, we care about the Employee’s family as well; which is why we offer a scholarship program for the children of our Employees. Not to mention Ferrellgas is a Fortune 1000 company!
If you want to be part of a winning Organization, join the Ferrellgas Team today!
Job Summary: Under general supervision of the Applications Manager, this position is responsible for a scope of information technology by providing development and support, and utilizing IT service providers (internal staff from centralized IT and third-party providers) to meet business needs. This position typically requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration or a related field, 2-5 years of experience in information systems development along with 5 or more years of experience in system design, and 3 or more years programming experience.
- Provides support to both users of the systems and to service delivery functions such as Computer Operations and Help Desk.
- Resolves problems by providing advice or training to users about the application systems’ functionality, correct operation or constraints, devising work-arounds, or by defining enhancements. Collaborates closely with the systems’ developers.
- Identifies and develops new and alternative approaches to performing business activities that are made possible by the availability of information technology.
- Participates in the design, creation, testing and documentation of changes, enhancements and new solutions.
- Works with internal customers and IT service providers to develop and recommend hardware/software solutions for short-range problems, and to support long range technology planning.
- Develops new information systems, utilizing third-party services as appropriate and maintains and supports existing information systems.
- Leads meetings with users, including requirements gathering, sign-off, and implementation meetings.
- Participates in design meetings, review meetings and other project team meetings and acts as business function reviewer for team members in reviews.
- Ensures that systems produced are efficient, robust and meeting the ultimate requirements of the users.
- Produces project documentation according to department standards. This includes User Requirements, Technical Design, Program Narratives, Testing, and Release documentation.
- Ensures adherence to project schedule, timely response, resolution of issues, and meets cost estimates.
- Ensures systems are tested thoroughly before submission to Q/A.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field.
- 2-5 years overall experience in information systems development, including three plus years programming and five plus years designing new systems or enhancements.
- Experience with full life cycle development process using agile development techniques.
- Experience working with teams and projects in multiple technological and business environments.
- Proven ability to manage and track complex projects and drive improvements as required.
- Ability to interact successfully with all levels of the customer and IT provider organization and drive cross-functional issues to a successful resolution.
- Demonstrated analytical independent problem-solver.
- Report writing software skills with knowledge of SSRS Reporting preferred.
- Knowledge of multiple application programming languages such as Microsoft .NET and C#.
- Solid knowledge of relational database design principles.
- Sybase and SQL Server experiencepreferred
- Basic knowledge of project planning and project management.
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to manage conflicting demands and problems
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge of operating systems, such as Windows and DOS.
- Ability to work with non-technical people, translating business needs into user requirements and technical design documents
Ferrellgas offers competitive pay, a comprehensive cafeteria style benefits package, a wellness credit, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, paid holidays, vacation, and bonus potential.