Jun 20, 2019Job Number
Marriott International HQ, 10400 Fernwood Road, Bethesda, Maryland, United States VIEW ON MAPBrand
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?JOB SUMMARY
Functionsas a technical resource within the Global Design and Procurement Systems Support team. Resolves and makes decisions on complex,non-routine service requests with limited risk.Performs research, analysis, design, creation and implementation of applicationsto meet current and future user requirements.Directs Service Providers, vendors and team members to modify andmaintain existing applications to address changes in business processes. Ensures Service Providers achieve contractedservice delivery outcomes. Monitors projectsby Service Providers and internally managed applications to successfulcompletion, maintaining scope within the time and budget constraints.CANDIDATE PROFILEEducation and ExperienceRequired Qualifications:
- Undergraduatedegree or equivalent experience/certification
- 5+years' experience in information technology application development and support
- Technologyexperience in a sourced or internally managed environment
- 5-7years' domain experience relevant to supported business function; Industry andcompetitive landscape knowledge
- Knowledgeof related applications (e.g. Salesforce)
- Trainsother team members, and peers as appropriate
- Provides financial input on department or projectbudgets, capital expenditures or other cost/resource estimates as requested
- Identifies opportunities to enhance the servicedelivery processes.
- Performscomplex quantitative and qualitative analyses for service delivery processesand projects.
- Supportsexisting applications and projects in a minimum of one environment.
- Facilitatesachievement of expected deliverables and obligations of Services Providers
- Validatescompleteness of requirements prior to service provider or internally managedapplication solutioning
- Throughthe service provider or internally managed teams, plans and coordinates compleximplementation overseeing quality control of application functional design,usability, functionality, and implementation.
- Advisessupport desk on change management as it relates to support and training of newsystem
- Ensuresall projects follow the defined development and business case processes
- Ensuresproper coordination with appropriate IT and vendor relations teams
- Providesconsultation for routine and complex systems development
- Ensuresearly warning to the business stakeholder executives regarding degraded ormissed service levels
ServiceProvider, COTS and Custom Application Management
- Followsall defined IR standards and processes (i.e. IT Governance, SM&G,Architecture, etc.), and provides input for improvements to the appropriateprocess owners as needed
- Maintainsa proper balance between business and operational risk
- Followsthe defined project management standards and processes
- Validatesthat Service Providers and internal teams develop and manage respective aspectsof a project plan, including schedules, deliverables, and appropriate metrics.
- Makesshort term plans for the team to effectively utilize resources.
- MonitorsService Provider and internal team's outcomes.
- Reviewsestimates of work effort for client project provided by Service Providers andinternal teams for accuracy.
- Facilitatestimely resolution of service delivery problems and minimizes the impact toclients.
- Functionsas an applications resource for both senior leadership and project teams ineffective utilization of existing technology in business technicalapplications, either enterprise-wise or business-wide.
- Leadsworkgroup/project team or functions as a technical specialist.
- Supportsand develops systems in a minimum of one environment.
- Developsand manages respective aspects of a project plan with minimal assistance,including schedules, deliverables, and appropriate metrics.
- Plansand coordinates integration(s) and implementation overseeing quality control ofsystems functional design, usability, functionality, and implementation.
- Coordinateswith quality assurance, infrastructure services, vendor and internalapplication delivery teams.
- Providesconsultation for systems development.
- Providesaccurate estimates of work effort for client project.
- Functionsas a technical resource for other team members.
- Understandingand ability to facilitate and execute technical infrastructure, technical specializationand technical integration activities.
- Strongunderstanding of business processes, customers and functions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.