What Will You Be Doing?
Translates business needs and system requirements into functional and technical specifications for new hardware, software systems, services and system enhancements. Designs, develops and leads implementation of systems solutions and services that improve internal business processes. Works within defined application architectures across the enterprise. Ensures system security and compliance with Kohl's and industry standards.
TRANSLATES BUSINESS NEEDS AND SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS INTO FUNCTIONAL AND TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS FOR NEW HARDWARE, SOFTWARE SYSTEMS, SERVICES AND SYSTEM ENHANCEMENTS
- Creates development and deployment plans for new systems and service enhancements
- Gathers and analyzes internal business requirements either directly or in conjunction with project team and identifies dependencies and integration points
- Leads integration planning and operational initiatives on a broad range of concurrent projects, independently and with the project team
- Leads business stakeholder meetings to gather requirements, acceptance criteria, and risks, all which support user story development.
- Clearly understands, documents, and communicate business requirements to the team in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Accountable for ensuring current and future business process flows, context diagrams, and any other artifacts which support the user stories are created and kept updated.
- Provide upfront research and documentation of Non-Functional Requirements, in collaboration with business and engineering.
- In collaboration with Stakeholders & Engineering to elicit non-functional requirements up front in each project.
- Develop and document KPIs, Analytics, Reporting needs up front in project to measure against expected ROI and project success.
- Responsible for accepting all functional user stories on behalf of the business stakeholders.
- Responsible for defect prioritization and business impact.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and QA on User Acceptance Testing (UAT), product demo and gain approval.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders on user training (if any).
- Actively participates in agile ceremonies
- Translates users' business requirements into detailed functional systems designs for development, testing and implementation
- Troubleshoots and develops new system solutions to address technical and production issues
- Serves as subject matter expert regarding multiple specific company system(s)
- Participates in the development of large technical solutions that meet specifications and impact future developments
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years of experience with multiple databases, development environments, SaaS environments and platforms
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with Technology Leadership
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in MIS, Computer Science or related field
- Retail experience
- Direct experience with systems and technologies used by Kohls
- Experience in a technical leadership role on medium to large projects, including effective prioritization, delegation and mentoring of team members.
- 5+ years of experience in designing and developing complex, highly integrated systems on multiple development platforms