New York Life Insurance Company (“New York Life” or “the company”) is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2015 operating earnings of $1.875 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2015, with affiliates, totaled $528 billion. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/11/15).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Location: Dallas, TX
The primary role of the Systems Analyst will be to analyze and interpret business requirements to create technical specifications that have an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by the development and implementation teams. The SA will lead the team and other resources to ensure alignment of technical solutions with business requirements for complex business projects. This role will serve as a liaison between business stakeholders, and IT Delivery teams.
The SA role should be able to work independently to deliver end-to-end solutions for moderate to complex projects in a fast paced environment. Develop a deep understanding for business processes, rules and corresponding data flows and system impacts.
The end product will typically be systematic generation of correspondence for our external customers: Welcome Letters, Quarterly / Annual Statements, Premium Notices and many other correspondence that align with the communications required as part of the life cycles of our products.
- Review project goals, outcomes, and requirements, identify tasks, assess and estimate effort to complete
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements utilizing established standards and bringing best practices to ensure high quality data mapping and technical design deliverables
- Interface with Business Analysts, Solution Engineers, Developers and Testers to ensure requirements are met
- Identify requirement gaps and collaborate with the appropriate teams to ensure timely resolution
- Proactively engage with project team to identify and implement process improvement opportunities to optimize the flow of work and delivery timelines
- Evaluate and provide input into release readiness
- 5-7 years of experience in technical analysis / design
- Knowledge of industry technologies: ETL Design and data mapping, XML and other file conventions, database concepts, MS Office products.
- Data management/modeling experience a strong plus
- Proven ability to learn and adapt to change quickly and easily
- Proven ability to work in a team oriented environment
Ability to learn new technologies, self-motivated to research and experiment
- Experience with and understanding of enterprise solution implementation
- Knowledge of and ability to manage IT work activities, processes and progress within the Software Development Life Cycle
- Understanding of ETL concepts and design is critical
- Knowledge of OpenText Extreme and Document Composition are a plus
- Knowledge of Blueprint is a plus (Requirements Management tool)
- Strong analytic problem-solving, critical-thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Sound organizational skills to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies as the need arise
- Strong desire to work in data and provide a strong customer experience/presentation
Education - Degrees/Certificates
- Bachelordegree in computer science, mathematics, communications, or a related discipline
- Design concepts training a plus