Virtual / Travel
Industry: Arts & Entertainment•
Less than 5 years
Posted 383 days ago
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
This position is responsible for implementing cutting edge gaming products for the largest gaming company in the business. Working across properties and participating on multiple project teams to provide Harrah’s with innovative business solutions that fit, meet user needs and match the company’s strategic outlook. Candidates for this position should be able to perform application analysis, design, development, integration and enhancement activities, as well as implementation and related maintenance and documentation.
Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
· Keep abreast of current technology in both hardware and software in order to recommend business solutions that fit system constraints, meet user needs, and match the company's strategic outlook.
· Participate in feasibility and conceptual design, functional design, and general design studies.
· Advise user departments about functional design and impact on departmental operations. Consult with user departments in the analysis of manual and automated systems; assists in presentation of detailed functional specifications, formats, and templates. Suggests solutions to problems presented that fit within the operating limitations of equipment.
· Analyze existing systems and databases, and recommend enhancements to solve identified business needs. Apply working knowledge of application components (e.g. file structures) in conjunction with query tools to solve identified business needs.
· Perform all aspects of internal system acceptance testing, ensuring delivery of well-tested system enhancements, and further ensuring systems meet business requirements. May perform daily supervision of a cross-functional testing team, where appropriate, in preparing system and integration test data, testing and reporting test results to programming and to management.
· Trouble-shoot incidents reported by end-users, escalating where necessary to schedule system changes, and discussing resolutions with end-users in order to arrive at a permanent solution.
· Coordinate, analyze and schedule system change requests with users and supervisor.
· Ensure systems meet the business needs of users by acting as a liaison and listening post with users and user representatives regarding system change requests and specific business requirements design. Maintain the confidential nature of matters pertaining to company records and policies.
· Enhance project management skills by participating in defining and presenting system solutions and time lines for identified business needs and/or technical problems to management.
· In conjunction with end-users and others, decide what changes need to be made to documentation, training, problem diagnosis, and programs, in view of the utilization and application of end-user skills to solve the identified business need.
· May provide project management skills on simple to moderately complex projects.
· Advise user departments and assists in the selection of software packages from outside vendors to solve defined user needs. Advise user departments in the development and/or change of departmental procedures.
· Communicate and explain business requirements design to other team members, including user interface and integrated performance support, programmers and analysts, documentation providers, and training, implementation, and support personnel ensuring business requirements are well-understood and implemented.
· As part of a testing team, may assign and schedule available staff to ensure testing assignments are successfully completed on time according to the plan, reporting any variances to supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
3+ years work experience in job with systems analysis and design, implementation, training, and testing required; or 3+ years experience in Slot Management area with 1+ years experience in analysis, design, implementation, testing and training. Requires knowledge of slot gaming systems
Requires basic knowledge of database uses and design, spreadsheets, word processing and operating systems. Basic knowledge of systems analysis and design preferred. Experience in hardware installation and diagnostics preferred, usually acquired through previous business systems experience. Basic knowledge of project management techniques required.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent education in Computer Sciences, Management Sciences, Hotel/Casino Management, Accounting, or Engineering field preferred.