IAT has an immediate need for a Systems Analyst with Business Transformation, Process Improvement, Business Analyst experience to provide west coast operational support and acts as a liaison between the user community and the systems & programming staff of the company as well as our vendors. West Coast is considered 8 to 5 PDT.
This role will primarily interact with our internal business customers and external agency partners and as a result this role is as much Business Analyst and it it System Analyst.
The ideal candidate will have experience analyzing the business, for process improvement and training opportunities and specifies new systems and/or customization of existing systems for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. Experience providing quality assurance and system integrity through research, analysis, and testing of: software, administrative procedures/functions, system releases and enhancements is required.
- Provides guidance to users to develop automated solutions to business problems.
- Prepares policies, procedures, work instructions and job aids in support of systems operations and business processes.
- Helps define Key Process indicators (KPIs) and report on project, portfolio and service metrics for the IT department.
- Runs regular operational reports to support the department.
- Participates in requirement definition meetings.
- Utilizes accepted project management practices and tools.
- Production Support: Supports end users of the systems, answering questions, providing how-to instruction and training, researches and analyzes problems; writes and executes queries and create reports using a report writing tool; tests fixes for problems; documents resolution of all problems; assists users in defining request for technical IT needs;. Support Requests and may coordinate processing and issues for one or more interfaces.
- Systems administration and configuration updates: Administers one or more systems, including setting up and removing users, granting access, updating application drop-downs following standard procedures. Identifies system problems / issues; resolves and tests system changes for problems/issue; prepares documentation and holds walk-throughs for the users of the systems, and performs ad hoc research projects.
- Works with application vendors to support the software. Submits tickets and works through testing of the resolution.
- Participates in the integration of new technologies/solutions.
- Obtains and maintains specialized skill sets to support one or more specific sub-systems and/or business units as directed by management.
- Contributes to process improvement and standards activities.
- Provides superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Prepares clear and concise business documentation and communications.
- Evaluates and develops new techniques to improve the performance of the team in those specialized areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Equivalent experience is having 4 years of relevant experience as an analyst.
- Requires 2 years previous professional experience.
- 2+ years P & C insurance application support experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of customer service practices and accepted procedures.
- Ability to interpret technical information and relate it to the appropriate audience in relatable terminology.
- Prior experience working with a remote team is preferred.
- Knowledge of Help Desk and Project Management applications preferred.
- EPM Live or similar Project and Portfolio Management application
- Service Now or similar application
- QL and Query experience related to report generation preferred.
- SharePoint experience preferred.
- Excel experience related to report creation and formatting required.
- Ability to work in collaborative, deadline-driven production environment.
- Strong analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Strong query tools, report writing, and database management systems skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage small to medium-sized project efforts effectively, utilizing a working knowledge of a system development methodology.
- Ability to multi-task, manage details, and execute effective follow through.
- Ability to learn new applications, systems, and workflow concepts.
- Proven analytical, decision making, and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to display a continued commitment to expanding knowledge base through personal initiative and industry sponsored courses/seminars.
- Ability to continue education and stay up-to-date on technical developments.
- Ability to perform effectively under tight timeframes with high standards, and bring about effective action through direction, example, and a collaborative team atmosphere.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes.