The Systems Analyst provides technical expertise related to various applications. Works with Business partners to define requirements, design and develop software changes. The ideal candidate will have functional and technical implementation responsibilities primarily for systems in Belk's eCommerce fulfillment center in Jonesville, SC. The team also supports applications and business partners in the distribution centers in Blythewood, SC and Jackson, MS as well as the Charlotte corporate office, which would require some travel. Responsibilities of the Systems Analyst include: small initiatives, reports development, data pulls, application support and review/testing of changes developed by teammates. The primary applications supported are the warehouse management (Manhattan WMi) and warehouse controls systems (Wynright/DMW&H) and labor management systems (Manhattan LM). The supply chain systems analyst is a member of a small team who will deliver both small projects and enhancements as well as large initiatives and provide day-to-day application and system support. She/he will be expected to be intimately familiar with both local warehouse operations and the Belk Supply Chain in the development and performance of the below activities and responsibilities. This person must possess the skills and experience to work effectively with warehouse operations personnel as well as other IT and business teams.Systems Analysis and Design:
- Clarifies technical requirements and influences decisions that lead to the right solutions.
- Provides estimates for work effort required.
- Coordinates with Architects to maintain all technical deliverables including technical design specifications, diagrams, flows, and documentation of all configuration changes.
- Gathers business requirements, solution design with technical teams, and write functional specification documents
- Manages the source control repository for assigned applications.
- Develops detailed system implementation plans
Application Configuration & Support:
- Develops new, and modifies existing, customizations, conversions and interfaces as necessary.
- Works with internal and external vendor teams on all support/enhancement/project related activities.
- Designs and develops some support fixes, small enhancements and coding for major projects.
- Develops components and creates packages to be promoted to production environment by Support/Ops teams.
- Provides warranty period, and often post-warranty, production support for applications in area of responsibility. Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Create basic reports with IBM Cognos to meet business requirements and address data needs
- Complies with and demonstrate a sound knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology for assigned projects and tasks.
- Specify user/system interfaces, and translate logical designs into physical designs taking account of target environment, performance security requirements, and existing systems.
- Produce detailed designs, and documents all work using required standards, methods, and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
- Configure applications and test platform-specific versions of one or more applications.
- Report the outcome of testing and identify potential improvements to the process and to the software products according to agreed designs and standards.
Programming/ Software Development-
- Design, code, test, correct, and document complex programs and scripts from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Take part in reviews of own work and lead reviews of colleagues' work.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field strongly preferred.
- At least 5 years of either development or strong technical experience – preferably with IBM RPG, AS400, Java or .NET
- Ability to write complex queries
- Experience analyzing complex system issues, contributing to estimates and making recommendations.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of Distribution Center and Logistics processes
- Experience working with warehouse management systems, warehouse control systems (WCS) or warehouse e systems
- Experience with 3rd party software implementations, consultants/contractors and working with off shore providers
- Experience working in a distribution center and/or eCommerce fulfillment center
- Retail experience – particularly supply chain and/or ecommerce fulfilment
- Experience using IBM Cognos or similar BI Tools
- Supply Chain
- Omni Channel
- Warehouse Managment
- eCommerce Fulfillment
- IBM RPG Programming
- AS/400 Operating System
- Distributed architecture
- IBM Cognos
- Java/J2EE programming
- Database Software – DB2, Oracle
- Database tools like TOAD, SQLPlus and Oracle tools