The Georgia Department of Community Health (DCH) is currently procuring the EDS, a large data warehouse and decision support system. DCH is seeking a qualified candidate to serve full-time, on a contract basis, as a Project Integrator for the EDS implementation. The qualified candidate must work efficiently and effectively and possess a variety of skills and experience related to coordinating the implementation efforts between DCH, the Apparent Successful Vendor (ASV), Georgia Technology Authority (GTA) and the affiliated Service Providers (Capgemini, AT&T, IBM) to ensure project success. Additionally, the candidate must be capable of fulfilling the following requirements at a minimum and pursuant to state policies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the review of Project technical documents, such as the Technical Infrastructure Plan and Solution Design documents to ensure alignment with State technical standards and guidelines
- Review the ASV's technical response for requirements related to the DCH Request for Service (RFS)
- Develop and submit the DCH RFS
- Coordinate and obtain input from GTA and the affiliated Service Providers for approval of the DCH RFS
- Ensure the Integrated Project Plan covers all project activities and resources related to the implementation of the technical architecture for the proposed solution. Facilitate all activities in the plan which include at minimum:
- Description of work to be performed by each resource, expected deliverables and results, deliverable dates and project milestones, stage gates, risks and cross-vendor dependencies
- Ensure meaningful service and performance levels
- Ensure accurate metrics are developed to measure Service Provider's performance
- Ensure maintenance of support levels and response times
- Document performance issues and follow escalation paths as defined in the project plan
- Review all project change requests, communicate them to DCH, the ASV, GTA and the affiliated Service Providers to ensure they are incorporated into the Integrated Project Schedule.
- Ensure the ASV's Project Communication Plan includes integration between GTA and the affiliated Service Providers.
- Ensure the completeness and clarity of the Solution's technical design
- Serve as SME for the EDS technical solution and system design/architecture and prepare documents, (i.e., schematics, diagrams) detailing solution as implemented
- Monitor progress of technical solution implementation and report to Project Leader
- Facilitate a Technical Architecture Review that includes but is not limited to the following:
- Evaluate, assess and suggest improvements, if necessary, for the infrastructure design for development, test and production environments
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the Solution's design in terms of reliability, availability, scalability, security, maintenance and performance
- Evaluate, assess and suggest improvements, if necessary, for operations, processes and procedures including Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Evaluate the operational manual for industry best practices in terms of database and system backups, batch processes and other operational details as applicable for efficient operation of the system.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5 – 7 years of experience related to:
- Facilitating the development, testing, and deployment of large data warehouses in a multi-tier data center environment.
- Management of multiple vendors during the implementation of a large-scale project.
- Managing technical projects with multiple coinciding or competing priorities and strict timelines
- Use of Microsoft Office environment (Power Point, Excel, Word, Visio) in managing projects
- Displays business and technical competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities, including proactive information dissemination, meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings and discussions at the senior executive level
- Ability to advise business and IT stakeholders in an objective and professional manner
- Identify problems and recommend solutions to maintain target delivery date
- Self-starter and ability work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to analyze and communicate business and technical needs, user requirements and procedures to ensure compliance with business processes
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Facilitating data center activities for hosting/deploying a data warehouse
- Functional knowledge of Data warehousing and integration between different components
- Knowledge and experience in Medicaid, commercial health plans or Health Information Exchange (HIE) systems
Education: BA or BS in Business Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field AND five (5) years of related experience is preferred.