Under the general direction of a Business Solutions Manager or Solutions Architect, the Systems Analyst III effectively performs all accountabilities of the SA I and SA II in addition to translating business requirements into technical solutions. Understand general IT concepts and functions that impact the supported applications and their ability to operate within the organization's infrastructure. Participates in the vendor selection process. Provides input into technical assessments of vendor applications and acts as a liaison between vendor solutions, internal technical teams and business line teams. Creates impact analyzes on work orders and large projects from a technical perspective.
Collaborates with and leads IT Technical teams to complete and design technical requirements documents. Documents impacts of planned system/vendor solutions and potential risks/limitations and communicates accordingly. Mentors and trains other team members including Systems Analyst I & II. Coordinates and leads work of third party staffing solution team members. Prepares for and presents to enterprise governing bodies (ex. Architecture Review Board, Change Management, Quality Assurance Review, etc.). Coordinate and complete required project documentation in addition to their analyst role on work orders or large projects.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements. Responsible to report any procedure or process that doesn’t meet regulatory requirements including fraud, whether suspected or confirmed, to management. This reporting can be done directly to any member of management, including Human Resources or Corporate Security, or can be reported through Associated’s anonymous Ethics Hotline.
Key Result Areas
- Other Create complex technical specifications
- Other Cost estimates & time lines for more complex projects, own work
- Other Create more complex system implementation & back-out plans
- Other Create lead System/interface design
- Other Create complex conceptual & logical solution architecture design
- Other Participate in vendor selection & analysis
- Other Understand, execute complex unit level testing
- Time Management
- Other Training/coaching/mentor
- Other Complex troubleshooting
- Other Complex application technical support
- Other Understand and contribute to SDLC; including system support, change documentation & implementation
- Support various applications and technologies to ensure system availability and stability by responding to and resolving Tier II support calls from ITS Service Desk within the service level agreements established by the business units using established troubleshooting techniques. Will also provide after-hours on callsupport on an established schedule, including some weekends, resolve critical business outages and provide incident and problem management for application and web server related issues.
- Lead the implementation of complex application solutions, automated jobs and processes, and new technologies as approved by management to ensure functionality is maintained and/or improved. Will also be responsible to correctly sundown unused system components after determining and eliminating all dependencies to other systems.
- Communicate concise information to other staff members regarding bank systems to ensure overall staff knowledge continues to improve, allowing better customer service long-term by cross communication with other teams on technologies. Also responsible for developing and maintaining written documentation of new and existing systems which may include: system diagrams, system overviews, knowledge base entries, service level agreements, maintenance windows, and support contact information.
- Provide incident and problem management for application related issues. Perform reporting and project management duties in accordance of ABC’s Project Management methodology and ITS Production Control standards, which includes: time reporting, requests for change, and otherproject management deliverables. Provide timely and accurate status updates to management for review.
- Create/maintain application inventories, including relevant vendor information. Work with vendor technical support of routine issues. Engage external vendors to improve the applications though support calls and enhancement requests as approved by management.
- Design & maintain an understanding of application specific data structure, tables, keys & diagrams. Perform simple queries of databases as part of application troubleshooting.
- Research new applications, understand their viability within the organization, and contribute in projects related to those applications. Utilize research findings to suggest improvements for new and existing systems.
- Lead cost and estimating of work efforts across IT teams with acceptable accuracy.
- Provide input, guidance and review of testing approach and plans.
- Apply mentoring, training and leadership techniques to grow other colleague’s understanding and usage of the applications.
- Effectively communicate with technology and business line units. Provide concise/accurate problem and change reporting as well as provide and support testing activities by the TCoE and other groups.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience , Required
- Bachelor's Degree Financial services industry, Preferred
- 4-7 years 4-7 years of Information Technologyexperience, Required
- Less than 2 years Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle Methodology, Required
- 7-10 years 7 plus years of Information Technologyexperience with financial systems experience, Preferred
- Verbal Communication ,
- Written Communication ,
- Mathematical ,
- Microsoft Office ,
- Other: Attention to detail,
- Ability to Multi Task and Prioritize ,
- Other: Problem solving,
- Other: Technical skills,
- Analytical ,
- Other: Mentoring,
- Other: Leadership,
General Physical Condition
- No unusual physical effort, strain, or discomfort.