Sammons® Financial Group’s (SFG) member companies offer some of today’s most sought after life insurance, annuity, and retirement planning products. Unlike most financial organizations, our companies are not publicly traded, which means we’re focused on long-term value rather than short-term earnings pressures. As a privately held company,our leaders and employees remain consistently focused on long-term growth, making decisions that allow us to deliver on our commitments to customers, distribution partners,our employees, and our communities. Individually, our companies provide value in the products and services they offer. Together we represent a history of strength and longevity.
SFG is looking for a Systems Analyst who will be responsible for the development, support, and technical leadership for customer-facing, business critical applications. Work on a collaborative team, using Agile principals and supporting continuous integration or delivery. Develop and support communication center platform, web services, and web applications.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years working experience in Java development including J2EE and Spring
- Experience with architecture, systems design and development for large, complex, n-tier systems on a J2EE platform.
- Experience using XML and JSON to exchange data.
- Experience with SOA design, implementation and usage
- Experience designing, building and consuming REST web services
- Experience designing and implementing Responsive UI with Bootstrap, AngularJS
- Experience integrating applications with communication services (IVR, call recording, text, etc.)
- Experience in building automated deployment pipelines, continuous integration, or continuous delivery
- Working knowledge of tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, BitBucket, JUnit, Jasmine, Karma, and Selenium
- Scrum/Kanban/Lean experience working on a multifunctional Agile team
What you can expect when you join SFG:
- A casual dress code including jeans
- A rich company culture driven by private ownership and intentional leadership inspiring employees to engage in ourhealthy, high-performing and values based culture.
- Healthy balance between work and personal lives. Friday afternoons off all year long, competitive PTO and generous number of paid holidays
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, wellness plan, charitable giving programs, education assistance… to name a few
- ESOP- A generous 100% company funded retirement plan
Essential Functions of Positon:
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and programmers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
- Perform technical tasks, detailed analyses, and interpretation of technical problems requiring expertise and/or specialized knowledge in a systematic manner; apply subject matter expertise unique to the discipline.
- Exhibit expert understanding of the organization’s Systems Development Life Cycle
- Play a leading role in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Play a leading role in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Prepare and/or interpret business, functional, and non-functional requirements; create and maintain user-oriented applications and design specifications.
- Develop, test, document and implement applications according to standards and methodologies.
- Design, implement and maintain databases. Follow database standards and integrity controls, analyze information requirements, and develop database specifications.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information resources against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure.
- Design, run and monitor software functional and performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging; administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.