The Delivery Leader for Service Now Platform (My Axcess) will be responsible for driving the planning, delivery, management, administration and budget maintenance of the MassMutual Service Now platform in support of our home office and field associates. The Delivery Leader is a senior leader who has overall accountability of the ServiceNow platform. This individual provides leadership and oversight to the Platform Delivery Team, ensures team alignment to business strategy and the ServiceNow roadmap, and is actively involved in the overarching governance of the platform. Overall, the Delivery leader (ServiceNow Platform Owner) is responsible and empowered with the authority to make decisions that impact the platform and does so in alignment to our business strategy and governance.This role will have a heavy focus on developing and maturing the employee technology request and supportexperience using the MAX (Service Now) platform and oversee continuous improvements of ITSM/ITIL processes at MassMutual. Will manage and lead a team of highly technical engineers delivering technologies that optimize and streamline solutions for the MassMutual business working to maintain a high level of availability, security, and functionality. The role requires strong communications skills and technical expertise as it requires frequent liaison with business and IT areas requesting services from the team. Delivery Lead is an IT Leader who is the accountable for the Service Now platform and work cell. The majority of the team members of the work cell will report to this individual. We implement a player coach methodology to ensure seamless execution of work in the cell. This means the role will require the ability to flex between management and individual contributor duties.
- Leads team in alignment to business strategy, roadmap, and platform governance policies
- Articulates vision and business value of building, supporting, and developing the platform
- Overall ownership and oversight of ServiceNow instances
- Management and oversight of application escalations
- Actively contributes to ServiceNow program governance team
- Builds alignment and actively partners with the operations support team
- Displays technical leadership and oversight of implementation and deployment planning, system integration, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and sustainability of technical solutions
- Provides process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standards
- Act as a sponsor for projects and communicate status of personnel, products, and projects with clear, concise reports and metrics to all stakeholders
- Establishes and ensures adherence to a department budget, providing project-level budget forecasts and manage in accordance with the established budget
- Convey technical concepts clearly and confidently to non-technical people.
- Ensure that MassMutual is keeping current with industry direction and competing solutions. Research emerging technologies and maintain acute awareness of current platform roadmaps to assist with developing strategic plans.
- Practice disciplined execution focused on formulating solid vision, strategy, goals, and requirements collaboratively with customers and partners to ensure a well-defined opportunity with the right approach to executing on it.
- Assist with prioritization of incoming demand and strategic execution, as well as building compelling business cases for future efforts.
- Establishes processes and controls in relation to industry standards for IT implementations
- Creates an environment that is proactive, agile, economical, collaborative and accountable
- Ensures the implementation of plans, coordinate and schedule feasibility studies and surveys, including economic justifications (ROI), of proposed versus existing equipment and procedures.
- Has people management responsibilities leading a team of approx. 10 people. Coach, mentor and provide career guidance for all team members and build domain expertise within the team
- Works with business and technology stakeholders, identify and build a prioritization framework to evaluate competing priorities and facilitate prioritization conversations.
- Leads and collaborates on business readiness activities including product testing, end user education, rollout, iteration and support
- Collaborates within and across various business CIO channels to identify delivery efficiencies, leverage teammates on the and ensure all teams are successful
- This represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be complete list of tasks and functions. General office responsibilities and other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor Degree required.
- Self-driven, energetic leader who operates with clear vision, and transparency.
- Communicates expertly and crisply.
- 5+ years of overall related experience with at least 3+ years of IT leadership, business unit or other functional leadership experience.
- Excellent presentation, influencing and reasoning skills.
- Track record of medium and large scale delivery using Agile methodologies.
- Experience managing business engagements, starting with building strong relationships with the various business leads and balancing a wide variety of competing and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Proven ability to promote ideas and proposals persuasively, shape stakeholders’ opinions, project a positive image, work through conflicts and negotiate win/win solutions.
- Proven ability to applyfinancial insights and draw accurate conclusions from financial and other quantitative information.
- Experience acting as an advisor and partner in the development and definition of business strategies.
- Ability to travel and work under periods of stress.
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Understanding of the Service Now platform
- ITSM/ ITIL experience
- Has the ability to manage and engagements/sourcing multiple vendor partners.