The System Administrator provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance. Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network design. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network. Supports and provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.Candidate must be willing to be processed for a TS/SCI clearance
- Six (6) or more years of system administration experience required
- [A Master's degree in a related discipline may substitute for two (2) years of experience. A PhD may substitute for four (4) years of experience.]
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or a related discipline is required.
- [Four (4) years of experience (for a total of ten (10) or more years) may be substituted for a degree.]
Required skills include:
- Proficiency with configuration management using Ansible or Puppet
- Skilled in Linux-related scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Apache web server configuration and management
- Management, deployment and troubleshooting of Java and Tomcat applications
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the security of new and existing IT systems and the procedures to protect information system assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure, or destruction.
- Experience analyzing and evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of Information technology and security controls that are in place.
- Knowledge of Red Hat version 6 or 7(rhel6/rhel7).
- Experience evaluating security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation.
- Provides configuration management (CM) form information system security software, hardware, and firmware.
- Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
- Prepare and review documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages, etc.
- Experience and/or familiarity with Certification and Accreditation (C&A).
- Experience and/or familiarity with Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA), DCID 6/3, Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and other tools using industry best practices
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of best practices, trends related to information security
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills including preparing and presenting results, findings and alternatives and influencing management decision making based on the best available data
- Ability to provide security services for certification and accreditation (C&A) requirements, including developing and maintaining information assurance documentation for all network components.
- Knowledge of open source and commercial assessment tools such as: nMap: Nessus Enterprise /Security Manager; Nexpose, Qualys, Imperva, Fortify, HP Webinspect, AppDetective; Burp Suite or similar application testing tools
- Demonstrable passion for threat analysis, research and service excellence
- Investigative and analytical problem solving skills, and critical thinking and contextual analysis abilities
- Strong hands-on and can-do attitude, excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills, ability to work in teams of technical and non-technical experts
- Knowledge in FISMA, PPSM, ICD 503, RMF, JSIG, DIACAP
- DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I required
- Training/certification in any of the following strongly desired:
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)