The System Administrator provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance. Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network design. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network. Supports and provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Participate in a rotating 24x7 schedule
- Operate and maintain all Production, Pre-Production, and Development systems in a Windows environment.
- Perform System Administration activities to include account management, monitoring and management of system resources (CPU, memory, disk, etc), monitoring and auditing system logs, back-up and recovery, continuity of operations, security, and managing operating systems.
- Implement and monitor the Enterprise Windows Servers testing and installation of patches, updates, additional tools and future versions of all software on a regular basis.
- Meet compliance for Information Security Vulnerability Management (ISVMs) and Intelligence Community Vulnerability Alert (ICVAs).
- Perform Systems Lifecycle management including planning, implementation, maintenance, upgrades, consolidation, and decommissioning of enterprise hardware, and software.
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the system is compatible with defined architecture and meets customer needs.
- Develop technical documentation, including CONOPS, user guides, test plans, and other CDRL items.
US Citizenship required
Active Top Secret Clearance required
Candidate must be willing to be processed for a TS/SCI clearance
- Eight (8) or more years of system administration experience required
- [A Master's degree in a related discipline may substitute for two (2) years of experience. A PhD may substitute for four (4) years of experience.]
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or a related discipline is required
- Master's degree in related field is desired
Required skills include:
- Experience with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy.
- Knowledgeable and experience in application of STIGs to secure Windows services and applications.
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: ACLs, ISVM, ICVA, STIGS, etc.
- Microsoft Windows server and client administration (Windows 2008 and Windows 2012), Microsoft Exchange Server, SQL Server, Altiris, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), SharePoint Server, Double-Take, Backups/Restore, McAfee, VMware.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012.
- Experience developing and maintaining Technical Documentation and instructions.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment as needed.
- DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I required
- Desired Certification(s): Applicable Microsoft certifications (Examples: MCSE, MCSA).