- Proactively monitor and manage the Windows and MS SQL servers running business applications
- Lead the initiative to consolidate existing infrastructure by performing cleanup and upgrades
- Troubleshoot incidents and production outages and document the root cause
- Ensure the optimal health of supported databased by performing proactive maintenance
- Identify opportunities to consolidate servers and databases to streamline the spent and utilization
- Provide support for SharePoint sites and associated integrations
- On-Going audit of the environment to produce reports for external auditors and sr. management
- Perform Root Cause Analysis with the ability to analyze event logs, and system debugging
- Produce technical and operational management documentation (system design and engineering documents, operational runbooks)
- Share application support responsibilities including Change Requests, Service Requests and Incidents.
- Ability tobe on-callschedule as shared with other team members and at times provide support during non-standard business hours.
This is a demanding role requiring attention to detail, excellent organization skills and a self-motivated, team player. The ability to collaborate and communicate with cross-functional teams will be essential in ensuring positive outcomes. The systems administrator will be responsible for analyzing the effective utilization of servers and databases and work with other IT teams to ensure that the environment remains optimal and cost-effective.
- 5 + years of hands-on, deep technical understanding of Microsoft Windowsinfrastructure services including IIS, SharePoint, AD, GPO, CIFS, DFS in an enterprise setting.
- Hands on experience with administering SQL Server 2005 - 2016
- Strong knowledge of server hardware knowledge such as rackmounts, blades, etc. (HP, Dell, IBM)
- Strong experience with 3rd party tools such as Idera, Red-Gate, Solar Winds, Nagios, etc.
- Strong network knowledge such as IP networking, LAN/WAN, VPN, firewalls, whitelisting, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Windows DR and clustering technologies including MS SQL mirroring, clustering and availability groups
- Understanding of SAN/NAS technologies
- Understanding of virtualization technologies on VMware and Hyper-V hypervisors
- Strong troubleshooting mindset (i.e. parsing event log, sysinternals tools, analyzing memory dumps).
- Scripting ability highly desired (whether with PowerShell, WMI, VBScript, etc.)
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- Seven (7) years in a technical discipline with emphasis on Infrastructure and Design.
- 5+ years of experience in Microsoft SQL Database environments including installation, monitoring, administration, clustering, backups/restore policies, SSRS, querying, and reporting.
- 5 years of Microsoft Windowsinfrastructure services including IIS, SharePoint, AD, GPO, CIFS, DFS in an enterprise setting
- Ability to influence other technical disciplines and business unit decision makers
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong work-ethic, flexibility, self-driven, team player
- Ability to produce and present reports, analysis, and presentations to peers and senior management
- Eager to learn new skills, and keen to impart expertise across the team
- In-depth knowledge of various technical disciplines and possess an ability to quickly understand technical issues.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for pre-screening will be contacted.
Brookfield is committed to accommodating the individual needs of all applicants with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process as required under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.