Systems Administrators embrace Google's motto to ensure millions of users can access the world's information without a glitch. As a Systems Administrator at Google, you own and support the needs of one of Google's server infrastructure systems. You're highly technical and work directly with other server and service owners to ensure reliability and sustainability of the Google service infrastructure as well as compliance with internal policies. Success in this role means you are able to support servers in a mixed operating system environment and work efficiently with our internal technology providers as well as other operations groups. Googlers rely on your guidance when it comes to design decisions so you'll have a direct impact in keeping the business productive.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Support, maintain and deploy team-supported infrastructure and documentation.
- Develop and implement process improvements in how we build, secure, manage, and maintain our user communities.
- Work in a fast-paced environment while ensuring the uptime and availability of Google's internal services.
- Innovate the approach to systems design and management.
- Work closely with various Network and Software Engineering teams.
- Experience with management, security and optimization of large Windows deployments including Windows2008 R2 and 2012 R2.
- Experience in automation using programming/scriptinglanguages (such as PowerShell, Go, Python, C#, C++).
- Experience in designing and implementing build automation, and configuration management for operating system platforms.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of industry related experience.
- Experience in Windows fleet management in a mixed environment (Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, etc.).
- Experience designing and implementing highly scalable systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot OS and application issues in Windows and understanding of Windowssecurity including host level firewalls.
- Familiarity with standard Windows tools (eg. PerfMon, Dumpcap) and virtualization technologies.