General Summary: The Unix and Storage Administrator is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the Linux servers, AIX servers and storage in the computing systems environment. These responsibilities include planning and support of strategic objectives by aligning with business requirements as defined by the management team. Specific responsibilities include establishing standards for server and storage configuration, usage, and management; system reliability, availability, and monitoring; backup strategies; application support; as well as research, recommendation, and implementation of new technologies. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of Linux and AIX servers and system software.
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of enterprise storage and system software.
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of storage area networks (SANs).
- Technical support of all Unix server and SAN storage issues.
- Development of technology standards and establishment of performance guidelines to support daily operations of server and storage infrastructure.
- Capacity planning to ensure sufficient resources to meet business requirements.
- Compliance with applicable Honda, industry and regulatory standards including structural standards, security standards, and privacy standards.
- Management of system backups, security, integrity, and disaster recovery.
- Evaluation and recommendation of new technologies.
- Performs assignments that require an ability to act independently with minimum supervision, including but not limited to facilitating discussions with business users and influencing others that have no reporting relationship to him/her.
- Performance of other duties as assigned.
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
- BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or other related field of study preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years Linux administration (i.e. - RedHat (RHEL 5.x and 6.x) and Suse (SLES 11.x) is required.
- RHEL 7.x experience preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years AIX administration (i.e. - AIX 6.x, AIX 7.x, VIO, NIM, HMC, and mksysb) is required.
- A minimum of 3 years storage administration (i.e. - SAN configuration) is required
- EMC VNX systems preferred.
- Experience with Cisco MDS 9000 series SAN switches preferred.
- Experience with High Performance Cluster environments preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Must be effective in working in an environment that requires the ability to multi-task, adapt to change, and to produce timely deliverables at high quality standards.
- Ability to create and adapt processes and procedures to meet changes in business needs.
- Ability to learn new technology and provide creative solutions to business needs.