Under direction within Department guidelines and standards:
- Build new servers following established procedures for deployment
- Provide full support for implementation of new system, including the development of Deployment Guides, Operations Manuals, SOPs for failover, recovery, etc.
- Provides Windows Server OS support for versions 2003 thru 2106.
- Provides Citrix Server support for version 5.5 thru 7.x
- Triage all Incident/Request for Service Tickets to the Server Infrastructure Group.
- Resolve P1 thru P4 tickets to Server Infrastructure Group (SIG) or escalate to appropriate SIG team member based on established SLAs.
- Respond to technical questions or forward to ISD, University IT, and or vendor as appropriate
- Perform change controls based on established processes and procedures for Microsoft Windows server based Hardware and Software
- Maintain System Summaries and Technical Recovery Plans
- Investigates new technologies and employs state-of-the-art tools that best meet a situation's needs
- Serves as the bridge between end users and the system vendor and ISD resources
- Participates in system upgrades and Proof of concept projects.
- Coordinates various steps within project identifying dependencies and impediments
- Reports to management on progress/problems encountered with projects
- Recommends alternatives to get around obstacles
Bachelor's degree in a related discipline such as Computer Science, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Science or Engineering and 3-4 years of related experience, preferably 1-2 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred
- 3-4 years of experience in technical support and system administration for Windows Server Operating systems required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or other related field.
- Proven work history as self-starter, of taking initiative to seek out additional responsibilities and of a desire to learn new skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Detail-oriented with a proven ability to manage projects.
- Customer service experience.
- Strong writing skills preferred.
- Adaptable to changing priorities, tasks, and work schedules to meet SLAs
- Work under pressure and time constraints
- Available to participate in after-hours on-call support as needed.