When you join Ubisoft, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary people connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages.
Ubisoft Toronto is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2017.
The Linux Systems Administrator (Senior) is responsible for the health and operations of our Linux servers, with a main focus on operational activities, proactive capacity management and event monitoring. He will also contribute to the execution of various projects and will act as a second level support for the Linux systems under his responsibility (including 7/24 pager support).
The main responsibilities of this role are, but not limited to:
- Ensure proper daily operations of the Linux systems under his responsibility, such as Jira, Confluence and internally developed tools.
- Install, maintain and upgrade Linux server hardware and software;
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Participate to the backups and restoration of Linux systems;
- Advanced troubleshooting of emergency situations on the network, must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as required;
- Perform system & application patching and upgrade of equipment firmware;
- Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures related to the Linux platform;
- Participate to the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed;
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards;
- Answer user’s query and service requests;
- Carry out all other related tasks
- University degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in Linux systems administration in a 300+ servers environment
- Oral and Written Comprehension of English
- Skill in developing techniques and methodologies to resolve unprecedented problems or situations.
- Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance
- honesty, integrity and confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
- Be a team player
- Have good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Expertise in Linux operating systems;
- Excellent knowledge of scriptinglanguages (Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Good knowledge of Chef or Ansible would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of Internet technologies and concepts such as DNS, routing protocols, TCP and UDP and higher level protocols such as HTTP, SMTP and FTP are important
- General knowledge of network equipment, routers and switches, and Cisco / Brocade FC switch
- Good knowledge of SAN, NAS
- Good knowledge of automated deployment (Create/Deploy) including scripting using Chef/Ansible.
- Good knowledge of MYSQL (Percona or other)
- Good knowledge of web network configuration (Apache/Tomcat)
- Good knowledge of Java applications (EX : Jira/Confluence) for network configuration
- ASSET : Knowledge of development cycle software (EX : gitlab)
- ASSET : Monitoring Systems (EX : Zabbix)
- ASSET : Knowledge of CFEngine