t Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your talents shine.
You believe life is about aiming high and making an impact. At Sun Life Financial, we work together, share common values and help each other grow and achieve goals.
With roots tracing back to 1865 in Canada, Sun Life Financial has grown to become an established and trusted name in insurance and financial services, with offices and operations in key markets around the world. We recognize that our growth, success and reputation for excellence are due in large measure to our talented and dedicated employees.
Enterprise Services, Working better together.
Our teams are dedicated to providing the services and technology our business partners need to help customers achieve lifetime financial security. Through innovation and collaboration, we're striving to continually find new and better ways to bring value to Sun Life. Enterprise Services has employees in Canada, Ireland, the U.S. and Asia. We partner closely with groups and individuals throughout Sun Life Financial to provide products and services that deliver business value.
- Working with SAN, Server, and WHS teams and others in technical management to determine the highest level of systems requirements required to meet the monitoring and scheduling requirements within budget and technology constraints.
- Provide technical leadership and support for all software tools utilized in monitoring alert handling and job scheduling including operational upgrades and enhancements.
- Participates in projects and initiatives related to monitoring management tools
- Provides leadership in the utilization of the technical environment to deliver continuous process improvement by developing monitoring and job scheduling best practices.
- Working with US application development teams and business users and others in technical management to determine the highest level of systems requirements required to meet the critical scheduling requirements within budget and technology constraints.
- Overseeing all new design testing prior to installation, testing all new software patches prior to installation and maintaining up to date design/configurations of BPPM system. This includes designing, configuring, testing and maintaining integrations to third-party domain managers.
- Develops, implements, and executes standard procedures for the administration, backup, disaster recovery, and operation of the BPPM systems infrastructure including operating system security hardening, backup management, capacity planning, change management, version/patch management, and lifecycle upgrade management.
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in a technical and operations environment, including exposure to editing BAROC files and MRL syntax.
- Ability to work in a matrix or shared services organizational model.
- Ability to work effectively high volume environment subject to frequent change
- Experience in client/server and PC hardware, software and related technologies.
- Experience with operational monitoring tools such as BMC suite of software is preferred.
- Solid working knowledge of Unix/Linux, MS Windows operating systems and MS Office.
- General knowledge of network technologies and other communications protocols.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as analytical ability.
- Ability to work in a 7 x 24 environment consisting of both on-call support and occasional shift work.
- Experience with VB, Perl scripting and ITSM tools, an asset.