Job Description :
This task is to monitor the health and status of the customer’s infrastructure and data flow through oversight, compliance, effective collection thread management, and collaborative incident response. It effectively defines the tasks for a Dataflow Analyst (DA).
The candidate shall:
• Operate in a dynamic environment and interact with all levels of organization hierarchies
• Use network protocols, devices and topologies for Tier 1 troubleshooting
• Use monitoring tools, trouble-ticketing systems to coordinate scheduled and un-scheduled outages
• Perform duties in accordance with customer policies and principles
• Perform SQL database queries to locate customer data
• Improve the existing SQL queries to expand Tier 1 response capability
• Communicate with existing monitoring teams to enhance end to end monitoring capability of health and status and dataflow
• Document specific alerts for each system during instrumentation of develop accurate Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
• Enhance and improve Dataflow Tool Suite
• Understand and improve critical dataflow paths
• Gain granulated understanding of multiple critical system dataflow and identify points for improvement
• Aid in developing metrics that report on system status
• Generate Functional Dataflow Document (FDDs) to capture hardware, software and datapath dependencies for each critical system
• Ensure data compliance among critical infrastructure
• Suggest avenues for better efficiency by design, requirement, script, etc.
• Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
• Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
• Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
• Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
• Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc
• Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
• Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
• Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
• Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
• Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
• Configure and manage UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and install/load operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
• Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
• Five (5) years' experience as a System Administrator in full-life cycle programs encompassing Help Desk/Infrastructure support across multiple task orders.
• 3 years' system administration experience with Linux
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems
• 2 years' experience providing Tier 1 support
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university. Five (5) years of additional System Administrator experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.